Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here is a piece.

A

Anonymous

I always wondered about, it is copper and about the size of a large cent. My first impression was hockey. What do you think?

My first impression was also hockey, the Montreal Canadians specifically. But I wonder if it might be religious and relate to the 10 Holy Commandments?
Just a suggestion or possible lead.

Nothing Steve, but it has just the slightest convex curviture to it.

I hadn't thought of that, but it could fit. I also considered a lot marker, but there would be holes in it to nail to the post. One thing, it is nice and smooth, and has that old feel to it and a warmth like you get with the odd religious medallion.

...that logo which stands for Canadien Hockey was first introduced on the Montreal sweater for the 1916-1917 season:
>>>After winning their first Stanley Cup the Canadiens jersey are changed again with an H replacing the A, as the Canadiens, establishing a look that would become one of the most familiar insignia in the world of sports.<<<
I'm assuming you found this in Canada, Andy and if so, the chances of that logo being used to represent any other organisation is remote.
Most of the hockey collectibles floating around are from the 1960's on... your's looks much older, 40's, 30's, maybe even 20's?? There are a number of serious collectors of vintage hockey memorabilia on the web that might be able to tell you. It would be a sweet deal if you could link that to the Montreal Forum (1924-1996), or even better, the Mount Royal Arena (1920)
Very nice find, Andy!

...that you could of collected from certain products.Who was number ten back then?If it's part of any series however obscure, someone should know about it.

but it could also be the number10 row of seats and this piece fit on the aisle end of the row. ????I'll check with some hockey people.