Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here's a video capture I did of the DEUS getting me a 1857 Flying Eagle

Keith Southern

earlier this week..

I had it in the GMP ...freq re-adjusted to 12Khz..sens around 95 or so ground bal called for 85 I had it around 75 I believe...Eveything else pretty much set for stock GMP program...

Here's the video...I cut it to right before digging the Penny.Thought was an Indian Fatty..Nice surprise later on when I got home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xExS0kdLFy0&list=UUKE-CYO_3G59P3_mCqT4OKQ&index=1&feature=plcp

A little background on the site...

Its a mill site here in N.GA...Documented Yankee camp in 1864....hunted ot death...what you dont hear is there's ton's of iron debris lying about...and the penny is not all that deep...Just plain masked..

I ran my T2SE in there yesterday in that same spot and it is just a barrage of iron...
Thats one thing I dont quite get on the DEUS...It sort of seems like it does not report alot of the small iron...even when you turn iron volume all the way up..

Nice vid, and eagle! sounded pretty quiet for being 10 GB points low....where did it ID at the 12 KHZ in your soil ?

It was initially reading if I remember correctly 80-81 or so ...The went down to like 70 out of the hole...

I know on my XP-GMP detector I get great depth if I run the ground balance negative...Hot rocks make a unique sound...and I notice the DEUS is also making the same sound on the hot rock's...

I like to get some feedback from the ground as I hunt...

Keith

My fattys and buttons have up-averaged too. I was curious if it was across the board, or soil-selective. It doesnt bother me, I dig most targets anyway. Ive noticed the up-averaging to be mostly about 10 points, as high as 15 ish..

Welcome aboard Keith. I let my SE go and don't regret it one bit. Tex

nice
yeh defo sounds a well nice irony site your are searching in the vid well cool i am sure theres still some goodies to winkle
the silencer and dics is the reason you are hearing less of the small fiddly iron, if you turn silencer to 0 and lower disc you will get quicker signal rec and also hear more iron so the main thing is lower the sens if doing this as it will be overpowering the audio rec on signals aspecialy if high like 95 in a situation like this you can drop sense to 80 or less and you can sneek more depth on good stuff in iron as its not being over powered so much by the sens strength and iron signals kinda like headlights in the fog and the good stuff around iron will sound clearer if there, also accepting the ground more can sneek a bit more depth but at the mercy of loss of signal rec as accepting minaralised ground to much will result in masking the deeper good stuff so its a fine line and audio ear with this but if youv had the gmp you understand the sigs, still they are both very sensative and i very rarely run my gmp past 11 o clock on a place like your site and the deus no more than 5 lower than ground reading as i find signals can well be masked or jumbled by the od background sparky signal that are added to all the other signals you hear on a site like this
good luck with the site its sounds wicked
:)

Congrats on the Flying Eagle. That ground you're digging in looks really rough. You should look at the The Pearl - Hand Pick - Model 57 from Predator Tools. Might be a good tool for that rock hard dirt.

Thanks for the feedback ananda.......yes the XP machines are new to us here in the state's ...will take awhile to get them tuned in...

Yes I have the XP GMP and am really taking a liking to it...More so than the DEUS...But thats for me personally...

Thanks again..

Keith

I only watched your first video and I noticed you didn't pinpoint the target. Does the Deus have pinpointing?

ramer said:
I only watched your first video and I noticed you didn't pinpoint the target. Does the Deus have pinpointing?

The Deus do have a pinpoint mode, but it is so accurate that you actually really dont need to use it.