Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here's my autumn harvest.

407floyd

It's been a bumper crop. Hoping for a winter garden, too. Most of these finds are from junky, iron infested sites that I've been hitting for years. There's an 1892O quarter, 1900&1914D dimes, and several wheat cents of unusual dates: 1913D,1917D,1920D,1924,1926D,1933D, and 1936S. There's a 1912 that I can't see a mint mark on, but it's probably hidden under some crust. Several monogrammed sterling sliver this and that's. 10K and 14K gold bands found at same site. It's funny, I was hunting a hot spot when a neighbor came over and told me he got mad at his wife and threw some gold jewelry into his neighbor's empty lot years ago. He was hoping I could come find them. I had to decline because I would have to dig everything to find gold in this trashy neighborhood. Didn't want to get in the middle of a possible conflict when I was doing just fine where I was. I already had one neighbor have me come to a lot he said he found silver coins in when he had a garden there. I dug several old pieces of trash out in a small area and realized it would be a major undertaking. I told him to get himself a detector and spend some time digging the trash out to get to the good stuff. That's when he told me the property doesn't belong to him anymore. I immediately began to back out of that situation. Stay safe out there and feel free to ask about any of the objects, or give me info on an object. None of the metal blobs are lead, so I keep them to test for content. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_1792.jpeg
    IMG_1792.jpeg
    535.4 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1778.jpeg
    IMG_1778.jpeg
    602.8 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1744.jpeg
    IMG_1744.jpeg
    541.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1701.jpeg
    IMG_1701.jpeg
    523.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1689.jpeg
    IMG_1689.jpeg
    619.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1662.jpeg
    IMG_1662.jpeg
    653.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1632.jpeg
    IMG_1632.jpeg
    575.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1565.jpeg
    IMG_1565.jpeg
    585.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1591.jpeg
    IMG_1591.jpeg
    605.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1618.jpeg
    IMG_1618.jpeg
    584.9 KB · Views: 149
Wow that's quite the haul!! What a variety of finds. You've done very well I would say.
HH okie

That would be a blast to find such an arrayment of miscellaneous items. I would get me a little red wagon and just scoot along swinging from side to side!!!!!

Hey 407floyd you probably know what everything is but in the first pic to the right of the 4 spark plugs
are 3 squeezebox (accordian) reeds. In pic 5 to the right of the blue marble is a Model T valve stem cap (looks
like a screwdriver handle). I see quite a few Model T keys also and those spark plugs are oldies. Love all the
buttons and tokens! Great display! It amazes you what is in the ground, doesn't it. Nice job, sir!!
HH okie

Hey 407floyd you probably know what everything is but in the first pic to the right of the 4 spark plugs
are 3 squeezebox (accordian) reeds. In pic 5 to the right of the blue marble is a Model T valve stem cap (looks
like a screwdriver handle). I see quite a few Model T keys also and those spark plugs are oldies. Love all the
buttons and tokens! Great display! It amazes you what is in the ground, doesn't it. Nice job, sir!!
HH okie
Thanks for the info. Someone once told me they were organ reeds, but accordion makes more sense. I find them everywhere. The first time I hunted that spot, I must have found 6 or 8. Yeah, those spark plugs have to be old enough for all the steel to rust away. They look pretty cool when theyre down to the naked ceramic and brass. I also find the valve caps everywhere.

407floyd, you should be able to see a key letter on one end of those reeds. Like key of E or G etc. I find tons of harmonica reeds
and a few of these reeds. I always tell my brother "that was they're MTV back then". I've found two tire pressure gauges
from 20s or 30s, those things are huge! Anyway, nice batch of finds!!
HH and Merry Christmas okie

Very nice harvest, for sure. Lots of variety and interesting finds. Of course, a little silver and gold is nice too. HH Jim tn

Very nice variety. A little bit of everything in those finds.
Well done on the finding, cleaning and pictures of all the finds also!

Dave

Incredible array of finds!!