Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here's one for WV62

shooter

Well I got out of the NJ snow and visited my brother-in-law in Vero Beach, FL. Did 3 hours on the beach with my upgrade for the first time hoping for a hot time, 80 degrees was the only thing hot. Didn't get a single hit and I mean a single hit nothing for 3 hours, no pennies, pulltabs,bottle caps, no tinfoil or silver gum wrappers, can't understand it. I kept putting pennies in the sand to make sure my F75 waqs working, and it was. never had anything happen like that. On the way to the car a man asked if I found anything, I asked if he detects and he said he lives in Vero Beach and he was doing the next to beaches yesterday and never got a hit of any kind either that's real odd, Anyone in FL. have any info for me I have another week here. Oh I stopped at the old Vero Beach Naval air Station and checked my upgrade detector out after that and she seemed to be working fine, found plenty of junk and some coins.

Shooter, 2 weeks ago, I called a Friend of mine in Sebastian, Fla., which is approx. 15 miles North of Vero Bch.!! I asked him how the Beaches were, because I'll be HEADING to Fla.
in April!! He told ME that Fla. Contractors were REPLENISHING the Shipwreck Bches as WE SPEAK!! Unfortunately, YOU are going to have to TRY & FIND OUT where in the
VERO BCH. Vicinity is N-O-T being REPLENISHED, and I would BE Prepared to TRAVEL South or North for REASONABLE Detecting!! BEST of L-U-C-K, Les Robinson.

P.S.: At least, ENJOY that Fla. WARMTH & SUNSHINE!!

Same here WV. A couple years ago I hit Melbourne Beach and down to Sebastian Inlet, clean beaches, very few targets. My mind was thinking a piece of the Queens treasure. I only found a few clad, sinkers, matchbox cars, and junk jewelry in the 24 hours of hunting. The wet sand area between high and low tide is small because of the steep slope. Most of the targets were deep. I was using a cz. Took to fishing the surf after no Spanish silver. lol

Yeah, bad deal when a guy walks down an empty beach..:sadwalk:....every once in a while swinging the coil over the scoop to make sure the thing is turned on!

Well, do a google earth satellite search for either some inland swimming/fishing holes on the bay side that dont get replenished, or sweep the higher dune grass near the hotels and bars where folks may want to find some privacy of an evening...you find a nice private spot within a short walking distance near a hotel or bar, or even on those pull off beach entrance areas... up in the dune grass, there will be some small open swales where folks like to snuggle...you find one that has those foil condom wrappers, bottle tops, bobby pins, etc. and you are in IT!

You gotta find those little out of the way pockets that rarely see a coil...the trash will show you the travel pattern and let you know if you are in the zone..:thumbup: At least then you are 'Hunting' and not just 'swinging'.
Mud.

I was only at the beach one time in my life with a detector and I am pretty sure it wasn't the F75, at the time I had about 5 different detectors so I don't remember which I was using. But being you were testing along with coins and the detector was working that about tells me there is nothing there. I can remember that I didn't find much at all at the beach, but what I did find was pretty high or far from the water.

I don't know how true this is but I was told that the care takers of the beach have equipment that they drive on the beach that cleans the sand of trash. Sounded a little far fetched to me, but thought I would pass the info on.

I am going with nothing there to find or if they are putting new sand on the beach targets may be to deep to detect. You may need to hunt the parking areas or the walk paths.

Hope you get something working for you.

Good luck,

Ron in WV

Those sand rakes dont pick up coins or rings, ...just larger scraps of cans and diapers and whatnot...I hunt behind them all the time and find what we look for...I agree with the parking areas and walk paths..:thumbup:
Mud.

My best luck on salt water beaches has been higher up. Obviously if one hits the towel or chair line at the right times some clad a goodies will show up. One of the winter time problems is from about north Fl and up (north) the beaches don't get replenished as readily. HH jim tn

A guy almost needs to rent a jetski or small boat and go hit some of those inland bayside islands and beaches...lots of folks go out and camp/picnic on those sites...all the cans and trash will tell you which ones are active...the easily accessible beach places see all sorts of coils constantly...

Theres a good find up on the "Todays Finds Forum' that jeffc recently made....big gold chain with a gold coin medallion.:drool:..up on the sand a ways...thats what you want, a big gold chain...gonna be a nasty soft little signal though...gotta find where a drunk chain wearing guy peeled off his pants and shirt in a passionate state of mind in the dark back in the 80's or before...:thumbup: probably to this day has no idea where that chain went.....
Mud.

mudpuppy said:
Well, do a google earth satellite search for either some inland swimming/fishing holes on the bay side that dont get replenished, or sweep the higher dune grass near the hotels and bars where folks may want to find some privacy of an evening...you find a nice private spot within a short walking distance near a hotel or bar, or even on those pull off beach entrance areas... up in the dune grass, there will be some small open swales where folks like to snuggle...you find one that has those foil condom wrappers, bottle tops, bobby pins, etc. and you are in IT!

You gotta find those little out of the way pockets that rarely see a coil...the trash will show you the travel pattern and let you know if you are in the zone..:thumbup: At least then you are 'Hunting' and not just 'swinging'.
Mud.
Funny you say this, I got permission to hunt an area that was being cleared to build a new medical facility recently. As I was searching around not finding more than a few modern clad coins here and there I came across a hidden clearing in the trees/bushes big enough to park a car or truck. There were condom wrappers everywhere so I knew I was in a "Lovers Lane!":blush: I didn't find any jewelry but the clad count skyrocketed as soon as I hit this area.

Yeah I know right? Its funny, reading JimTns posts for all these years...he finds those 'merry widow' condom tins from the 30's out in the woods, and gets all sorts of old silver in those areas, as the pantaloons and hoopskirts were flying off in a frenzy of reckless fevered abandon!..:rofl:......Ask any cop you know on the beat, he will tell you right where the local 'lovers lanes' are, nothing in the modern areas but junk and clad though, on account of nobody that wears a big chain is cheap enough to go 'parking'... girls nowadays dont like bugs, and prefer the comfort of a room, the young guys now a days are cheap and have no money for gold, the ones that do wear gold dont like the dark or bugs either..so we gotta real problem ...

The Summer rich beach crowd is a different matter, rich chainwearers get busy up in the dune grass every year on account of the romance of it all!....folks got plenty 'busy' out of doors in days gone by, and not that long ago either...not so much anymore, but up until the internet age, they sure did! So it may only be a once in a year event when a rich gold chain wearer gets just drunk enough, and randy enough, and lucky enough to take a willing partner out into the dunes on the outside chance he may drop that chain! MIniscule odds when you think about it...:sadwalk:

A guy can actually pattern these kind of locations though.....what you want to find are the ones from the 70's,80's, and 90's if you are gold hunting big chain drops...the cool thing about condom wrappers is they confirm your suspicion on a site..."does this look like a good place to get busy?":rofl: Theres this one little section of beach up here, close to the bars, easy access, and perfect for getting busy, its only a 30' wide swath... ..but you should see what goes on in there from the tracks and stuff I find in the morning, especially after a really warm humid full/half moon friday/sat summer night...the sand tells all...a guy is wasting time to go there the morning after a cold night...not gonna happen when the Comfort Inn is so cheap, and has cable...:thumbup:
Mud

In my day in West LA, Mulholland Drive lacked a parking lot so not too far off with a killer view was the hot parking spot, affectionately known as 'Beer Can Flats'. Probably, a profitable location for strip mining aluminum. A detector would probably be a constant overload signal. :inlove::detecting: