Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here's one....

A

Anonymous

This piece is pressed in copper sheet and folded up with a seam that runs across the top. It is about 1.5 inches in any direction, and has been broken off just below the little ball. Any ideas? I know it is a dog head.

Sure reminds me of a stuffed toy's head the way it 's made at the base.The fabric of the body was reversed over the cone and ball with string being wrapped around the ball's adjoining recessed groove and sewn through the little hole.The larger hole on top was used to sew from the outside to neatly finish off the presentation and to hold the head upright and in place.The toy would then be stuffed with wood shavings from an opposing open end and sewn shut with a visible stitch on the end (like ca. 1910 teddy bears).
There's a whole class of such items known simply as "penny toys" made from 1880-1920 in Germany and France.They are usually very detailed pressed metal and no longer than 5" in size.They were commonly sold over hear also.
Very nice anyway,good luck with it.

I asked someone who makes small stuffed bears about this and, although she wasn't sure, she told me this.If you sew two squares in one corner and push it in you'll end up with a cone shaped recess that will take that shape.Of course if the rest of the material is precut in the correct shape then you have a simple stuffed toy after a few stiches.