Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here's why the T-2 does well in iron laced sites,

Paul (Ca)

The other day, My friend "Eric's" MXT and my T-2 appeared to fare the same from site to site. We hunted four different locations and with comparing signals both the MXT and the T-2 both did extremely well peeking between the cracks of iron and in some cases did well up close to large pieces of iron and construction equipment.

Moving ahead here, We stacked 3 square nails on top of an Indian penny and both the T-2 and MXT seen the penny underneath the nails. Removed the Indian penny and all the detectors should see was the iron so it wasn't getting a false reading from the abundance of iron, I believe the T-2 had a better visual ID and both detectors still had a clear positive audio dig signal.

Further more, Both the T-2 and MXT still can operate well near larger pieces of iron including underneath construction equipment such as Tractors and Cats at demos. Several of these sites had a blanket of square and regular nails on the surface, It was a treasure hunters nightmare but I was so impressed with Eric's ability to capture old coins and relics with his MXT as I was doing the same with my T-2, We fared the same as find wise and being how both the MXT and the T-2 are both designed by Dave Johnson I can see why.

Before I forget, Eric mentioned the 5"X9" DD coil he uses with the MXT is the reason the MXT can get up close to larger pieces of iron such as the train track, The stock coil creates the masking effect. The same may apply here with the T-2, The DD coil currently used with the T-2 I believe helps the unit achieve greater separation.

Below is a picture of an Indian penny covered with 3 square nails, Both the MXT and T-2 could easily get the penny with a two-way signal in one direction.

Thanks for looking, Paul

Yes, The T-2 will only get the penny in ONE direction sweeping back and forth with a TWO-WAY signal.

However, The other direction "length" from the top of the nail to the bottom the T-2 will miss the penny due to masking which is common.

I use the two-tone setup with zero discrimination, Iron for low tone and the second tone for any signal above iron. This set-up helps reduce masking at the older iron laced sites.

I'm a firm believer if any discrimination is used on any detector brand it will cripple the unit and help mask out a weak signal underneath iron, Running zero discrimination with a two tone setup on the T-2 enhances the unit to peek between the iron laced sites capturing the weaker signals missed by the others.

I know a few of the others who are serious relic hunters agree, Using discrimination will enhance masking.

HH, Paul

Hello Paul, I just purchased the T2 and I want you to know that this post is great. Thank you for your effort on trying to educate fellow hunters! Mark, CA

Thanks Mark,

It's safe to say the t-2 is a great detector, Looking forward to viewing your future finds with your T-2, Take care of the shoulder too :wiggle:

Thanks again buddy and see you soon,
Paul

Hey Paul,
Thanks for sharing that info. and take care.......Eric
These are the finds that I found with Paul.
[attachment 26766 bigday.jpg]
Paul is a caring and respectful human-being. He takes the
time to give advice to those who are willing to listen...