Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey Deus-ites!! Check out this ornament!!! Also, some other finds.

Kevin B.

What do you make of this:
100_0055_zps7453ff94.jpg

100_0056_zps529f9a66.jpg

The find above (also found the 69 cal ball in another section of the yard) has been a CHALLENGE to identify. That motif!!! Of an infants face. I have seen that before....somewhere. I would appreciate any leads so that I can keep researching it. I don't even know what to type into the google search box. This yard has produced some hum-dingers of what-zits.
Here are a few others, all found this last week.
100_0057_zpsf302914d.jpg

This is a World War 1 lapel insignia for the Reserves. From what I have read, from Air Corps.
100_0058_zps18996315.jpg

And a pineapple Christmas ornament. There was actually a rotten strand of string attached to the tiny hole at top of the leaves. Neat huh? Nothing here worth any money, but then, we're not out there for that. But who doesn't dream of finding a $20 Gold Piece with a super rare mint mark?? Well.....I admit that I do sometimes. But I am a realist. So I get into the aesthetic aspect of this hobby. By the way, all of these items where plucked from about 5 to 8 inches down, ina VERY massive and thick bed of square nails. And when I say thick....I mean THICK. But the ol Deus said: "There it is!!!! Dig it!!!"

Great job Kevin, ya gota love the Deus in hig trash!!! :thumbup:

It s most likely a watch fob. I have the same one. Is there a little loop for a flat leather strap on top or possible where one was ? Great find.

I'll study it closely and see if there is a hinge spot or a hole for a strap. I have already studide at fairly closely and saw none of those things. Maybe if I could bend it back??? Does anyone know if I appy heat to it, ir even hot water, if I can bend it back with out breaking it at the bend????