Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey FOD! You back in the Kingdom?

We got back just before Christmas and we did a couple of beach party hunts. High tides, big waves, rain and a tiny beach, not much happening. How is the hunting up on Okinawa this time of year? Curious to know if the weather patterns are the same around Asia/SE Asia. The weather was prettty much the same on Taiwan when we came through.
Good Luck and Good Hunting.
fod:)

FOD,

The weather has been on and off here as well. I have hit a few low tides with some success. I am planning to go to Thailand sometime in May. I should be in Pattaya and if all goes well I will try to hunt the beach at least once. It would be nice to find a baht chain or ring.

Thanks

Emmett

Hey Okinawahunter
Have you hunted Pattaya before? Beach or water? How about Jomtiem?
Wife and I are going down to one of the islands for a hunt next month. Looking at the tide charts, it may be a lot of night hunting.
We are 60 K north of BKK.
Ray

...no problems. We have offered to help the local police if they need us.
We have lived on the island for more than 10 years, and I believe that it is O.K. to hunt the other beaches as well. I have talked with Thai guys that hunt Hua Hin, Pattya, and Phuket and they agree. I would not advise that you hunt inland, especially at temples and ancient ruins, but again, the beaches where the tourists hang out seem to be O.K.
Jane and I hunted Chawang and Lamai beaches on Koh Samui for a couple of weeks, and found them disappointing. All the big hotels and resorts are 5 star (read $$$), and have swimming pools. That's where the guests hang out. There are also many Thai hunters on those beaches (as well as Phuket and Pattya), with Fisher 1280-X's. We hunt mostly for the fun and the exercise. They hunt to earn their living, and they are very good at what they do. I watched some hunters with headlamps at 5 am chest deep in the water, when we got up. They hunted all day and were still going strong at 10pm. They have homemade scoops of stainless steel (that they copied from Kelly's catalog). Here's a photo of Jane talking with our friend from Pattya.

[attachment 46239 janeandfreind.jpg]

Good Luck and Good Hunting

fod:)