Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey I found today what is this rock

joeyhare225

IMG20230416212621.jpg

Have you ever heard of weaublue eggs out of the crater in Missouri , I'm still trying to figure out why I find them in Arkansas, they are magnetic with quartz, and a blow out spot, sorry to but in , just looking for any information ,ty
You might want to start a new thread with this. You might get more attention. I’ll have to look later when I have a bit more time.

If you poke at the rock in the original post with the point of a knife blade, do you get little shiny flakes breaking off? Are those flakes relatively thin or could be split into individual little sheets and the thin ones are translucent or transparent? If so then it is mica.

Gold will shine in daylight in a shadow.
Also pop's out from led lightning and a digital camera. This works great under ground.

We have an old abandoned mica mine nearby, used to be able to find 1/8” sheets of various small sizes. Would take a few sheets to the wife's 2nd grade glass and let the kids peel them apart. Fun times!