Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey MA! Keep your eye out for the big brown truck!

I can't contain myself. The book should arrive within the next couple of days! :clapping:

Have a Blessed Day!

Yes Sis digger, --The pkg arrived this evening & was delivered to the door with my sister answering the knock, as the driver wanted to make sure he had reached the right person! I haven't opened it as yet --not feeling well but will tomorrow & take some photos of it & upload the photos on here providing I can find the thing-a-ma-jig that transfers them from my digital camera & into my pictures! I lose everything since moving & without anything put back in order!

Thank you for the booklet concerning my ancestor, Isaac Watts--He never married & was said to be very homely- Grandpa's family came over to America during the Irish potato famine (they would be all black inside & potatoes was their food! Our ancestry includes Rachel Watts Day Davies (relation to Isaac?) ( should be Davis but is the way it is on her tombstone!) We have relatives in Illinois & Boise, Idaho where one area is called the Day Land! Grandpa, mom's dad, herded sheep there after grandma (Lay) died in the 1918 FLU Epidemic. Mom & her sister attended an orphanage school while they all lived there, the best that I can remember! The Lays were from down South in KY, Tenn, NC & etc & came to MO! Tons of cousins have popped out of the woodwork since many have had their DNA tested & are on the different groups of our genealogy & I haven't even won the Powerball! :rofl: God Bless & more later! Sis Ma

Awesome! I'm glad it found it's way to you! I pray you start feeling better, so you can enjoy it!
~Sis digger

Thank you so very much, Sis Digger! I opened the pkg & nice box opens up & able to keep it in the box for protection! Very surprised to see the booklet in such good condition to have the date 1843 written in it! I have school books for my mother & aunt that they used in grade school in a one-room school house! My grandpa Day built a bookcase (very well made-to keep mice & rats out) & my daughter & son-in-law have it with some other stuff stored in it, believe it or not but they are using it in their kitchen!

I will give them mom's books when I can get them out of storage to also keep in it, but the books probably in 1917 to 1922 usage are so rotten they are literally falling apart if touched or moved! Mom was born in 1912 (Jan) & aunt in 1914 (Oct); so figure they were school age in the years stated! They moved back to Mo after living in Idaho for awhile! Books probably have a date but didn't notice when packing was done! I have a Shakespeare Book that had been given to grandpa or another relative which was kept & has a late 1800 date in it! It is in very good condition! Well thank you again & will close as I am still feeling poorly; so more later & hopefully photos too! May God's blessings be many! Sis Ma Betty

Ma, I pray the Lord renews your strength and health. I am thrilled to give the book a home where it is appreciated and cherished!
~ Sis digger

YES! As they need preserved & stored but with Internet & everything not many PPL at the auction were interested in buying books unless very old or antiques! My daughter has loads of books & I gave her a lot of mine just to keep them from going to the dump! In the future years, books will be scarce & needed during the great tribulation when the good & decent ones will be burned by the antichrist & false prophet! Thanks again! Ma