Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey Ziggy heres my modded Vista Gold Gain

Keith Southern

Sorry for delay getting back to you but Christmas got in the way..LOL

[attachment 363742 31578704407_5d0f694dc5_z.jpg]
[attachment 363743 44701784210_743237b52a_z.jpg]
[attachment 363744 46519043581_2a80f89b07_z.jpg]

Used a pistol grip I already had and mounted it on a straight rod then used a whites middle rod and whites lower rod.The whites lower rods clevis is same exact as the Deeptech ones so perfect fit.

Had to figure out how to mount the unit to the pistol grip so got a right angle electrical conduit connector threaded on on end and tapped the inside of the pistol grip to accept it.then mounted the Deeptech upper pole about 4 inches of it where it mounts to the housing to the clamping device on other end of electrical conduit connector,clamped it down and drilled hole through it also to mount the control box...I didnt make any more holes in control box its still original and can be put back stock.I mounted the Deeptech battery box and arm cuff to the straight shaft using original holes also.I heated the armrest with heat gun to make it narrower as I find them to be a bit to wide (personal preference) .Installed a rubber bicycle grip for life long use.Had to mount the unit slightly forward to not have the under housing switches in my way of my hand so the electrical conduit connector worked perfect

Swing's great especially with bulldog!

Very sturdy and lite

Keith

Good Job! I've been plotting a straight carbon fiber shaft cut at my personal length. I have a picture in my head how it should be. I just need to make it happen.

Now that's a very good improvement. I've seen other guys reconfigure other models also (ATX) was a good one. Usually manufacturers ignore these improvements or are sluggish getting around to it. But not always, and in the cases when they respond sales generally improve.
Couple of questions. The toggles located on the bottom of the unit, along with the battery pack. Do they have problems due to being layed on the ground on wet days?
....Second, Any scrap of news , rumors about possibly a North American machine in the works?

Have not heard any news on a North American machine. And no there is no issue with toggle switches being on the bottom. I've had my Smart Plus for almost 2 years now and no problems. And I hunt hard.

Good job there Kieth, don’t see many people modding their Vistas, nice job indeed :0)