Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HF coil in the iron -Amazing

kaolinwasher

I have a 1930,s depresion settlement tarpaper shack i have been hunting for 10 years. gone over it with the Sov GT ,Compadre, Silver umax, blisstool, Tejon,, Musketeer, Gold bug , Equinox, untill it was not producing any signals , has alot of nails. wel i showed up with the Deus and the HF coil , using the DEEP PROGRAM- 7 disc, 90 gain, 2 reaction speed, two tones. and 50 Khz, OMG i was just shocked, imediatly among the iron starts coming out non iron targets one after another even 8" down , I have never had a detector do this well , also 28Khz works about as good sharper deeper . i did not find any coins in this run but I know it will find them if they are in a spot

Attachments

• 20200906_150221.jpg
    20200906_150221.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 20200906_161046.jpg
    20200906_161046.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 193
The lower frequencies are better for coins and the high ones hit small targets well.
mid range 28 is my go to, best of both.

I did a test on a buried 6" nickle, 8" dime and a nail, and i did find that 28 KHZ hit better than the 50 khz so i used it today , I may try the pitch sound with the deep program as well

when you say iron what exactly are the objects ??steel rusty cans ?? i have probs with rusty old buckets and the like ,can HF help me ?

I had all the XP coils except for the biggie- 11”x13”
Decided all I really need is two- the 9” round X35
And the 9” round hi freak. The elliptical and the 11” are not suitable in all types of detecting, whereas the 9-inchers will do most anything. I don’t do large open spaces often - the times I do I can use my new Teknetics T2 with the 11” stock coil. It has a 3.5”x 6.5” sniper coil that should be incredible in tight iron- infested places.