Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HF Coil Saves The Day!

flysar

I was asked to search for a gold chain in a local river. The CTX wouldn't see it reliably & my Makro Gold would have drowned. The logical choice was my Deus with 9" HF coil. I dressed it up for the water, selected Goldfield at 54 kHz, and 2hrs later had the glisten of gold in my scoop.
Goldfield ran a little chatty in my highly mineralized ground but was tolerable and got the best repeatable depth on a test piece of chain I buried on site.
Love it when a plan comes together!
20200906_114143_copy_934x1022.jpg

No tigershark any more. This ground is tough on this sand spit. Seems higher kHz handle it better than low. Recommended sensitivity on my CTX is 2-5. Can run 10 before its chatty. My PI machines get good depth but wouldn't see my sample buried chain. My Equinox 800 may have done the job but it's in the shop for water intrusion.
Bottom line - Im happy I kept the Deus in the stable for moments like this

The only type of gold I've had trouble seeing is the really tiny chains that say hold a small cross. The 70zx will see it but also really sees the tiny aluminum bits. A good strategy is to run in 28 to 54 and if you find a small gold item thats fallen on a chain then switch to 70 and see if you can find it to.

I think that with the xp hf coil there will be more find gold chains found. I know I have been finding targets that only my older Gold machines would find:)
Nice find

you know the difrence 50Khz makes its just amazing on small things