Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HF Eliptical Coil Question

cookie58

How about the HF Eliptical coil's stability? Every one talks about it being so stable. Has anyone tried maxing the sensitivity with this coil to see how it contends with stability?

Night and day difference between 9" LF, 11" LF, round HF coils.

I usually run elliptical at 93 sens,, quiet as a mouse.
I have run higher,,but don't like to run any detector full bore.

Using elliptical you can really hear what's going on in the ground a whole lot more than the other coils,,in iron and nails especially.

I expect to have one any day-----if it is not back-ordered. Question, Squirrel. I have a 9 and 11" LF. Do you think that would be the better addition to my equipment versus buying the 9" HF. I do a lot of civil war relic hunting.....Thanks for your imput......

cookie58 said:
I expect to have one any day-----if it is not back-ordered. Question, Squirrel. I have a 9 and 11" LF. Do you think that would be the better addition to my equipment versus buying the 9" HF. I do a lot of civil war relic hunting.....Thanks for your imput......

Depends on your soil mineralization levels.
LF coils better to hunt coins in sites with modern trash.

Elliptical coil gives user separation advantages vs the rest of the coils even the round HF coil.
Some doeth is given up with elliptical,,,coil height above ground too,for when a peroen is hunting taller grass, stubble.

If I were a dedicated relic Hunter,,,based on what I know right now,,I would likely if I had to pick a coil selection for Deus out of all coils available.
Would have 11" LF, round HF and elliptical HF.
If I were going to pick just 2 coils only to relic hunt with Deus,,I would have both HF coils.

If I were just going to pick one coil to relic hunt with Deus, I would choose round elliptical.
But the elliptical coil does offer separation advantages over round HF coil. Elliptical coil hits thin finds on edge,,,silver, brass. Lead, copper, etc.

If I had to pick one of the HF coils to hunt an area for relics where Deus and LF coils have killed big time previously,,I would choose elliptical HF coil.

If my relic hunting areas were mostly around those bigger main power lines I would choose elliptical HF over round HF coil.

Difference is not day and night, it's black and white ! :lol:

How bout for the beach primarily dry sand? Is the depth of the deus so much greater than the average detector that I'll be hitting items on the beach that others just couldn't reach?
I'm getting my deus friday with the 11" LF. I want to add one more HF coil. I'm in SoCal so my beaches have black sand. Not worried about wet sand as I have my excal for that.

skateteacher said:
How bout for the beach primarily dry sand? Is the depth of the deus so much greater than the average detector that I'll be hitting items on the beach that others just couldn't reach?
I'm getting my deus friday with the 11" LF. I want to add one more HF coil. I'm in SoCal so my beaches have black sand. Not worried about wet sand as I have my excal for that.

Well,
I had a little birdie tell me a few days ago,,Deus elliptical HF coil is hitting small thin chains on beaches and other places-- previously hard hunted sites too.
This info may or may not be of value to you.

I wouldn't' expect the Deus elliptical to be crazy deep in dry sand, haven't tried yet.

I will say the Deus 11" is insanely deep on a gold ring, (18kHz) for whatever that is worth to ya.

My Excal is gone now so I can't do a side by side but I'm pretty sure it's going to be deeper then your Excal, in air at least. The Excal is OK in AM but isn't particularly deep in disc mode, based on memory.

Squirrel1 is right about the chains though you need the little elliptical for that. I've got enough hours on the 11" to know that it's not hot on chains. (Based on experience with another machine running a small elliptical HF)

To answer your question the Deus is probably much deeper then the average detector, (Thats a vague generalization) especially on gold alloys and aluminum when running 18kHz.

For the time being I think the depth and coverage of the 11" is pretty good for dry sand. You'll know when it's time to use an elliptical as a primary coil.

I can already tell it's deeper just from my first use today in the dirt. As with anything time on task is going to be the key. I'm a tone hunter so I've got to learn the tones as I feel like the deus is a land based Pulse machine. I'm hoping that on the dry sand I will hit the items that the AT's, MXT's and even the CTX's have missed due to the fact they just don't go that deep.