Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HHPI

Bromly

Hi guys
I'm on my couch and I'm to lazy to get up and go get my multi-meter out of my truck.Can anybody tell me if the HHPI is working with 18v. or 9v.
Thank you!

Ken

I just found it on another post by Mr Bill, 18v. I'm thinking about taking some pvc and making a 19.2v recharge pack.It should only be about 10"x2" with screw on cap "with O-ring" Then I can just attach a strap and let it hang across my shoulder and lay on my back.I'll use coiled wire like from a head-phone to connect from the pvc pack to the 9v. cup on the HHPI .I'll probably use a rubber grommet to help keep the water out.
I'll show pics when it's all complete and give the results on discharge times if anybody is interested.

Take care and HH

Ken

I use Lithium-Ion rechargeable 9 volt batteries in my HHPI.
I found that they discharge from 8.25 volts nominal to 7.8 volts in about 4 hours of usage which is about .1 volts per hour.
They still perform well but I like to swap out to another fresh pair then.
They recharge back to 8.25 volts in about 3 hours.

I once left my detector on by mistake and the batteries discharged to zero volts.
It took them 6 hours to recharge to the nominal 8.25 volts.

That sounds pretty good, thanks for the info.

Ken