Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hi All

Sc.biker

Hi everyone I recently purchased a used F70. My prior experience with detecting was with a Whites 5000d coin master back in the 80's. I've downloaded the F70 manual and have spent a little bit of time in the yard with it. So far I've found a few coins, tabs and some foil. I've been hunting using program 1 after a reset. Any suggestions for a beginner using this machine. Attached is a picture of my yard finds.
20231107_085843.jpg

It looks like you are off to a good start, you are finding targets in all categories, (iron, foil, tabs, nickel, penny, dime, quarter). And you have downloaded the manual which is good. There are a lot of ways to set up the F70, a lot will depend on what you want to find, coin, jewelry, relics? If you go back a few years in the F forum, there was a fellow named REVIER. He was a F70 guru, experimented with a lot of different settings and then shared the results with the forum members, lots of good information. Sadly, he passed away a couple years ago, but you should be able to view his posts from a few years back. There is a lot of them and good information.
I have used the F70 for several years, I ground balance, usually run the discrimination low ( 0-6 ) sensitivity around 50-60, thresh around 0. Those are the settings that I usually use, don’t be afraid to experiment with different settings, try to find what works for you. Some people make a mistake and run the F70 at max sensitivity which could produce excessive chattering. Good luck, I think you will like the F70. Good battery life, not too heavy, different size coils to choose from.

Man look at those finds by Revier in this post.

Good advice from both odenscoils and larbear2. I don't have the f70. I run the F75. Pretty much the same platform. I found keeping it simple works best when starting out. If you get frustrated with the settings your using go back to factory default and start over. Don't try running it to hot.. you're gonna love it. That machine will find you a lot of goodies. Patience. Patience!! Good luck!!!!.. hhricknmi