Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HI HO SILVER !!!

The day started out cold rain off and on, so figured to take a drive and ask a few farms if I could do some detecting. The first 2 farms no one was home . But the last place I stopped ,and the one I really wanted to hunt had no problem and said I could hunt anywhere on their property. But said I wouldn't find anything because 2 guys hunted it this past summer and found nothing. Started in front yard and only came up with one IH penny. Went to rear of house and it was one silver after the next, before it started pouring rain I had found 7 silver dimes , two silver quarters, a barber silver half and a sterling ring with a pink topaz stone. rain here for next 2 days but this Thursday looks like my next chance to go again and cant wait. Was using Garrett AT GOLD with Nel Tornado coil.

Now that's a mighty fine silver hunt. A 10 silver coin day with a half included and a bonus silver ring, it doesn't get much better then that. HH jim tn

Wow! Awesome finds....that's the kinda hunting i dream of.....great job there! good for you!
Very happy hunting!
HaloEffect426. :bouncy: :clap:

Excellent day that we all dream about, but you made it happen. Hope you showed this to the land owner and he was as happy as you were that you found all this silver and the nice ring that was supposed to be hunted out.

showed the land owner before I left and he was happy I found some silver . Wanted him to take the ring and he didn't want it . Neither did his wife. Very nice people. Said to come back anytime. No area is ever hunted out , so it never bothers me to hear others have hunted there.

I was wondering about what do you do with the finds on someone's private property that you got permission to hunt on. Do you offer all of the finds to them or is ownership of the finds something that is negotiated before the hunt with the land owner? Being new to the sport I have never asked for permission to hunt on private property, just curious.

Recently retired from phone co as a repairman. All the property i detect on are customers that I worked on their phone lines multiple times over 25 years. All of them have said to keep what I find. But still always show them. They are always surprised but never take anything back.

:drool::drool: Amazing day indeed! The other guys that hunted the property.... maybe they forgot to turn their detectors on or forgot to install the batteries? :rofl: