Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hidden options

cypearl

A few months ago has been told in the forum that V3i has hidden options that could be found and raise it's performance increase depth and other awesome things. Did anybody find anything? I would really like to know.

[attachment 263962 wantsyou.jpg] There are no hidden options like that. Show me where you saw this please.

You mean the "Depth Doubler" setting? White's was afraid of people digging too many holes chasing 20" dimes. That would lead to detectors getting outlawed and a collapse of White's business so it extremely important the option be kept hidden. I wish I could tell you how to access it but Ken White himself swore me to secrecy. If I told you that, next you would want to know where the separate gold from aluminum option is hidden!

Sorry.... I couldn't resist. Must be the spring weather.

Rob (IL) said:
[attachment 263962 wantsyou.jpg] There are no hidden options like that. Show me where you saw this please.
To this link . http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,1753271,1753271#msg-1753271

There are easter eggs - although with a VX3, not as many possibilities. They are musically oriented (although neither one of us are musicians - so to call it "music" with our square wave generated audio might be a bit of a stretch. Nothing in the way of performance.

[size=large]Access is by multiple touchpad moves. It is intentional by design to prevent entry by owner. Entry can be diagnostic and in some cases a reset to factory specs since a problem can be of a software nature. R[/size]

ak_1234 said:
There are easter eggs - although with a VX3, not as many possibilities. They are musically oriented (although neither one of us are musicians - so to call it "music" with our square wave generated audio might be a bit of a stretch. Nothing in the way of performance.
I would n't mind if it's just music but I would if it's a coin underneath ak_1234 the time it plays that.

You would have to be doing something that is very inconducive to finding any targets to get the Easter Eggs. If you are finding Easter Eggs, you are not searching for targets. No need to worry about missing a target from this.

ak_1234 said:
You would have to be doing something that is very inconducive to finding any targets to get the Easter Eggs. If you are finding Easter Eggs, you are not searching for targets. No need to worry about missing a target from this.
Ok, but from all already have been mentioned it might be that we could find more of targets with the ''easter eggs'', so does it worth of trying to find it or just leave it?

[attachment 264601 wantsyou.jpg] Easter eggs are found in programming of all types. They have nothing to do with detecting or detector functioning. They are funny and are there to find for people who have nothing better to do.

As example, who would ever be pressing all arrow buttons at the same time while detecting. [size=large]Hello Anne.[/size]

Rob (IL) said:
[attachment 264601 wantsyou.jpg] Easter eggs are found in programming of all types. They have nothing to do with detecting or detector functioning. They are funny and are there to find for people who have nothing better to do. Like for those that are snowed in and want to tinker with it :)

As example, who would ever be pressing all arrow buttons at the same time while detecting. [size=large]Hello Anne.[/size] Hello Rob! Yep, didn't want something too easy that somebody would accidentally trip on. I still haven't heard of anybody getting the others though. No matter how many puzzles the Easter bunny left :) (I'm not the Easter Bunny for those that might wonder)

ak_1234 said:
Rob (IL) said:
[attachment 264601 wantsyou.jpg] Easter eggs are found in programming of all types. They have nothing to do with detecting or detector functioning. They are funny and are there to find for people who have nothing better to do. Like for those that are snowed in and want to tinker with it :)

As example, who would ever be pressing all arrow buttons at the same time while detecting. [size=large]Hello Anne.[/size] Hello Rob! Yep, didn't want something too easy that somebody would accidentally trip on. I still haven't heard of anybody getting the others though. No matter how many puzzles the Easter bunny left :) (I'm not the Easter Bunny for those that might wonder)
When you have the detector forgotten switched on turns off automatically but before that plays a nice song, I could n't figure out which one it is although it's nice listening to it. It would be nice finding the others as well. Could we have at least a hint?

Beethoven's Fifth, slowed down and probably not in the key he wrote it in - that's the tune for the auto shut down warning. Intentionally slowed down to give the detectorist time to pull and release the trigger to let it know that there's still somebody there. That one's not an Easter Egg. The Easter Eggs are hidden and hard to get to because what's the fun in searching when you already know what it is? :)

One of the Easter Egg's has already been mentioned in this thread. Rob basically told you how in his comment to me :). And depending on which menu mode you have enabled, you can get a different tune by doing the button presses. The others, well, the Easter Bunny himself put lots of hints on the White's forum if you really like puzzles. Might have something to do with program names. And if you do figure it out how to get there, you'll want to look at the quick reference for that.

Guys, I'm going to close this post. it is now way off the inititional post. if you want to talk about Easter Eggs start a new post.