Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

High mineralization and WOT 15'' 3khz

cypearl

I own a 15'' WOT 3khz but I think I have a problem on how and if is possible to make it work in my soils with such a high mineralization which reads 6 to Ground Balance. Is it going to be beneficial using a negative GB offset or a positive for succeeding to make it look through the ground? I tried lowering sensitivity and slowing down my sweep speeds But I still get shallow targets and copper always sounds like iron even if you just put a copper nugget on the ground and pass the coil over it. Any help appreciated.

With a GB of 6,your best success is likely to be in Prospecting Mode.
You can try running a slightly positive Offset, but it might not help depending on various factors (primarily combinations of specific magnetic and conductive minerals).

In Prospecting Mode you lose the ID numbers, but gain the depth you want, and still get the response produced by 3kHz. You need to play with various target metals to see where to adjust your Iron Mask level, so that it ignores the worst of the trouble causing minerals without missing the desired targets. FWIW, I know of at least one fellow that hunts wet salt sand beaches with that coil, and he cleans up!

Thanks old long hair but that is for 705 isn't it? I am sorry didn't write before that I am using the xt505. Do you mean by masking iron notching out the low numbers? I could use the positive offset but no prospecting mode on the 505xt.

Oops. Sorry. Yes I was referring to the 705. You can try manually offsetting the GB a little, but that coil in that frequency might be too much given your levels of minerals. Play with different settings, and be creative. The 505 is pretty flexable.

goldseeker4000 said:
If the 505 has a beach mode like the 705, try operating it in that.
Unfortunatly no beach mode or prospecting on the xt505 although it does good work. Once I used the offsetting positive when it was at 10 I moved it up to thirty and I hit a silver small coin at 10'' deep with the 10.5DD coil next to iron. I can't say was balanced at ten but usually does, the confusion with the offsetting is when negative or positive it should to be reverse with what you set on the detector. Negative is when you set with + button and - for possitive ground phase. But when you understand it helps. I hope I helped you with this.