Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

High speed hunting

Sailorman

One thing I love about my AT is how fast I can cover a modern area with it. Hit a crushed asphalt / dirt parking lot this morning for all of 1 1/4 hours with the 5x8 coil. Nothing deeper then 2" but flying! 41 coins, a .38 special case, a small nail up hanger (old one), and a base metal charm. Cherry picking at it's best! I love finding old stuff but a quick hunt like this is just flat fun.

yep i got a school yard ive never found an old coin at so i speed hunt for quater signals mostly but will check signals hitting hard in the 50,s

I also love speed hunting! What settings do you use? very light sens? 35 disc with iron audio on?
Mud

I know this site from previous hunts and there are few if any pull tabs or bottle caps (such bliss!). So here I run iron disc at 34 in pro mode custom and no notching or iron audio. I drop sensitivity 4 or 5 bars and and swing pretty fast. I usually recover any good solid shallow hits and here they are 95% shallow and clad. Some other places with bottle caps I turn the iron audio on with the same approach.

This is one of those spots many turn their noses up at. It's crushed asphalt, gravel and dirt on the edge of a bad part of town. But there's a lot of people who use it for the adjacent area and they're kind enough to drop coins. Because of the ground nothing sinks more than an inch or so, really easy pickings! I'm now waiting for another secret spot like this to get ripe. The concession stand next to it will be closing soon for the season and no one seems to hunt it. Another cherry picking dream...

Today I just might hit some right of way strips....

Thanks...good to see you are up early and thinking...I'm gonna go ransack some sportsfields after last nights football games for shallow freshies today.
Theres usually some paper money blowing around those kind of spots too!
Mud

2 1/2 hours total on two sites. Now this is speed hunting!!!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/elcruisr/IMG_20120930_154606.jpg

Some gr8 results from the coin shooting high speed detecting defo going to be giving this ago:)