Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

High Tone Frustration : (

Ken~Digs

Hey Finnymen just got back from the Hottest Iron ground i've encountered Yet. Pretty frustrating hunt. (no AU) : (

[size=large]How come after warmed up fast/slow gb (nothing hurried) super Parallel sweeps over ground bout 1" - I Get a High tone ANYTIME I Lift off of a Spot ?

It Really Bumbs Me out , it was Hard enuf to Hunt this Area. Had to run Lobo in Black Sand mode cause of the Insane layers of Magnatite in Gully
[/size]

[size=medium]The Pic shows a 2 second Sweep of Magnet Stick[/size]

Hi Ken -

What coil were you using? Is it a dragged out hi tone like an overload to the coil like an aluminum can will make? Ground balancing with that level of blacks then hunting along swinging level then quickly lifting the coil at the end of a swing can cause a tone. Not sure if that's what's happening with the tone your describing. Good to hear your out hunting tho - that's a lot of blacks!

What coil were you using? (Only 14" mono ever so far) Is it a dragged out hi tone like an overload to the coil like an aluminum can will make? (Not at All , just high- short blip ) Ground balancing with that level of blacks then hunting along swinging level then quickly (Slowly lift /All 3 modes) lifting the coil at the end of a swing ? Au

O-F . . Turn the disc up to 2 ! . . . . . (Tried That as well)

Go out back and find some Hot Lava rocks in yard & try to replicate scenarios & bury target down 14" below Pick grindings spread on top : )
or maybe F Ghost, ivanll or mickfin will show up ?

Normally the infinium does not respond to most black sand minerals.
Your machine is not ground balanced if you get a tone when you rais the coil off the ground.
However there are certain concentrations of iron mineralisation that will cause the inf to groan a bit and no amount of ground balancing will smooth it out completely but you should still be able to get a usable setting.

Try this.
With the machine up and running and freq and GB adjusted as best as you can get it (disc at zero); Rest the coil flat on the ground, wait for the threshold to stabilise and then select LOCK.
Raise the coil off the ground a foot or so and if there is a tone change, select Fast and lower the coil to the ground again and wait for the tones to settle and reselect LOCK and lift the coil again as before. Repeat this a few times until the tone does not vary much as you raise the coil in LOCK.
If it still sounds off slightly, try dialing in a bit of discin small increments up to no more than 4. You can in fact go higher but at the expense of depth.
This may or may not work for you but it is worth a shot.
Lets know how you go.

Cheers,
fishers ghost

Thanks extreme Finnymaster Adrian ~ I Really Appreciate it. I prolly tried everything cept' that procedure You Describe. I am still a jr. Finnyman with tough conditions & I know I've have lost a fair amount of natural AU because of it (most likely a few ounces) and it Sux when a dude wants to be an elephant hunter ending up with powder & pickerz : ( at least i'm good at meteorites, quartz, miner tobacco tins, steel wire, bullets, casings, bottle caps , Pulls - ad Infinitum.) I have a few posts saved just for GB'ing I-LS and L-ST for 2 sided poly-vue sleeve , Field handy i'll keep in backpack +/or tool Bucket. I cant afford to lose Any Gold. The house sold here & we're prolly moving to the heart of elephant nugget country out the Backdoor in Arizona within a month or two. I dont want to have to add the price of a GPX into the equation, so i have to spend hours & hours more of Finny mastering. I will probably send that older 8" to F-ghost / down under , on monday cause I dont have time to look at it any further at the moment. Thanks again ~ Ken~Digs