Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Highbanker Help

aushunter

[attachment 142815 IMG_3023.JPG]Riffles in cleanout position.[attachment 142813 IMG_3021.JPG]I designed it in mind of putting a loaded
bkt on top and using pressure to hose out material at a given rate.
Im just starting to build a high banker to increase material through put.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
The photos are the actual design I have been working on.
I will be using 18mm marine ply for the first prototype and my old 3" surface dredge pump/motor combo.
Thanks for looking.
aushunter:ausflag:

Hi

Nice looking box. I have a couple of suggestions. I would probably put my pump hose feed connection outside the perimeter of the box so that it is out of the way, and have a fitting that can swivel so you will not have any kinks in the hose. Also if you are not going to pre classify your material i would make the opening in your hopper larger so the large rocks don't get trapped in that little opening. To speed up the through put i would eliminate the bucket and shovel right into the hopper.
Really like your adjustment for your hopper angle. Very important.
I'm also working on a new highbanker, and it took me about 30 seconds with my first attempt running it at the creek to discover what worked and what didn't work. So if you haven't already run your HB at a creek, do that before you get to elaborate with your finished product. I'm on alteration number 5 and think I have a few more to go.

good luck. Keep us posted.

Tom

:ausflag:Thanks TM,
I've been toying with the idea of a high banker for a while and decided to pull my finger out and start building one.
I think I'll make it a little wider as it is only 10" wide on the hopper box, so I thought I might make it at least 14".
I'm putting a gate valve on the front Tee piece to control water flow.
This unit will come apart just by lifting off the top hopper box.
Also will have adjustable legs to accomadate manual shovelling.
Once again TM thanks for the input, hopefully I will end up with a decent machine.
HH and cheers
aushunter:minelab:

Well I've pretty busy with work and kids but managed to get the lower sluice together except the leg assemblies.
The top classifier box has had some serious face lift changes and will keep posted on the progress.
If this little number works i will be remaking it out of Alloy.