Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Highly mineralized soil.....

BerntOut

I had a rude awakening today on some high mineralized hot ground and my Deus would not hit an 8" copper penny....11" coil! I tried stock programs, my programs and spent some time changing settings, I was almost devastated! Maybe I should have tried the Gold program!:veryangry:

Hey El....good to hear from you! Hope to hunt with you again someday. Happy New Year!

No real good targets Sunday Denny got a old coat button and a war nickle and wheaties. Paul and I got some wheaties and we all got a few musket balls.
We were looking for that new site and have yet to locate it. Paul knows it is close by....searching is the fun part...but so is getting!

Did you try 18 khz with reactivity 3 silencer -1. If the 8 inch could be hit, that would be it. On hot ground reactivity 3 silencer -1 will be the deepest.

Gold program is an all metal mode so if your in heavy iron, be prepared for lots of digging. How many bars was your Fe meter reading? 75% or more? I have a hot ground program that works reasonably well. One thing I have learned is that not all hot ground is created equal. I am not saying these settings will hit your 8" penny but it might. Like golf, I have a different club for different shots. Detecting is the same way. If you are going to be consistently be hunting hot ground, buy a pulse machine rather than try to make your Deus or any top of the line VLF run at a sub-optimal level in hopes of finding something shallow that you can actually audibly ID.

Freq: 17.8
Discrim: 6.3
Sensitivity: 80
Iron Volume: 2-3
Audio reactivity: 4
Reactivity: 3
Silencer: 1-2
GB: Manual
Ground notch: to 85 to 90 if needed.
TX power:1

If you have bad ground you have to do a ground bal the best way is to find clean ground then turn you GB up till the detector starts to chatter. Then bring you sens down to say 65 raise then lower the coil and start to raise the sens till it starts to just make a very slight sound. Then reactivity of 3 silencer of -1 sens to about 90 and try TX power at 1-2

I did try Reactivity at 1,2,3 4 &5, silencer everywhere too with as many combos as I could think of! Tried all frequencies and sens and 0 disc.
Very frustrating.
My BlissTool v3 hit them all and Pauls BlissTool v5 hit them too....smoother running settings that my v3 and we both had our Pulse machines. I think my Vallon hit the coins better than the ATX! But we only ran the Pulses over the target once. Interesting side note. Paul has a GMP....an XP Gold Maxx Plus detector and it hit those coins! I was stunned!
I forgot and when I Manual GB, I bring the detector up to chatter before GB! I will from now on. I forgot that is the best way to GB.....Thanks LoBoy for the refresher!

squirrel1 said:
Did you try 18 khz with reactivity 3 silencer -1. If the 8 inch could be hit, that would be it. On hot ground reactivity 3 silencer -1 will be the deepest.

Thanks for the reminder on how to properly manual GB. I forgot to turn up the detector prior to GB!
Looking forward to meeting you....soon I hope!

Brent

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
If you have bad ground you have to do a ground bal the best way is to find clean ground then turn you GB up till the detector starts to chatter. Then bring you sens down to say 65 raise then lower the coil and start to raise the sens till it starts to just make a very slight sound. Then reactivity of 3 silencer of -1 sens to about 90 and try TX power at 1-2