Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hip mount kit and MXT

Belenus

Hi!

Do you know if a hipmount kit available for XLT could be used for MXT? Anybody using it hipmonted?

Regards

B.

Hi Belenus,

Sorry, can't help. But, I also have wondered if an MXT can be hipmounted. Hope you get an answer.

Good luck
Hunt4Fun

I have read that it can be modified for use on the MXT, and some instructions on modding it, but I don't recall where.

Happy Huntin

P.S. Have you read this thread? http://www.findmall.com/read.php?25,181849,181849#msg-181849

Thanks kykev!

So, White's suggests using the SL kit.. That's odd as I thought that MXT uses the same box as the XLT/DFX..

Regards

B.

The current hipmount kit is not to great in my opinion, the thing comes with a different LCD Pod handle mount which stays attached to the box pretty clumsy setup. I modified my MXT last year so you can set it up for chestmount or hipmount with or without the LCD mounted
to the handle, box or even clipped to your belt alone. It also has LED's inside the POD for backlights on the LCD. The mods required a seperate cable from the POD to the box a couple of Din connectors and some parts I modified from home depot for fast disconnects between all the pieces slicker than xxxx.
I posted the LCD pics last year some people may remember my
user name was Flatlander. I had several things come up buying houses moving etc the last several months so I dropped out for a while before I could post my convertable MXT pictures, I will dig it
out of my RV shake of the dust and post some soon.

jwbuck
aka Flatlander