Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hipmount for Excalibur - What's Your Opinion

ydnar6

Just bought an excal and am considering purchasing the Minelab hipmount. It seems to me that this would be nice for in water use to cut down on swinging resistance as well as lightening the load on the beach. Looking for comment from dive, surf and/or beach users who have experience with the hipmount. Is this the way to go? Thx

What you could do with the Dive piece itself, since it has the proper hole spacing is add it to the back end of your present S pole.. I had a spare Coil rod to use and if you cut a piece of the fiberglass rod off say around 5" or so you could insert it into the dive rod, glue it and drill the mount hole back out, the extension would have to be long enuff to make the first hole in the S pole for your Arm cuff, everything oriented and a hole drilled thru the forearm rod to secure your extension then you have your unit behind the cuff like you see on the after market shafts. This is simple, I did it for a GT straight shaft and mounted my Excal... Geo

Usually puts undue pressure on the cables plus you are tied to the machine however it is up to you how you want to pursue the issue..Good Luck with your unit its an awesome detector........Geo