Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hit a "Foreclosure" yard tonight....

Jackpine Savage

Seeing way too many of those around these days but a sign of the times. Ok enuff on that subject on to the hunt.

I had the Omega and G2 with me so first up was the G2.... which oddly enough did not like the neighborhood EMI at all..... a bit of a surprise. Anyway back to the car I went to grab the Omega crossing my fingers that I would be able to hunt. To my surprise it handled the conditions very well. I was able to run sens at 75-80 using freq 1 to start. About half way through the hunt I rechecked and freq 3 was a tad more stable so switched to that for the remainder of the time there.
Question, Has anyone ever found freq 2 to be best? I never have, it has always been 1 or 3.

Only did the narrow strip of front yard this evening but managed a 1903 IH, 2 wheat backs, a thimble and 37 cents in clad. I will be back.

As Dave J pointed out recently, EMI can be caused by many sources and each and every detector will response differently, even of the same make and model.

HH Tom

where I just wasn't able to hunt with the G2. Most of the time I set it at '100' and it purrs right along. Only now and then do I need to reduce it a little to

Yup having a go to backup is nice in those rare instances where one or the other may not like the environment. Overall the G2 has been the least effected by EMI issues near powerlines for me. That said the Omega can still an effective deep hunter despite the presence of 60 cycle interference.

Tom

Nice finds Tom...

When I used to operate 2 Meter Amateur Radio, we called our Downton "Intermod Alley". This was due to all the interference we would get...Drove the radio nuts with static and chatter...Cities have so much radio traffic going on, it is a wonder any piece of electronic gear operates at all...You have cell stations, microwave towers, TV, Radio, GMFRS, Amateur Radio, Electric lines, Underground wires, etc...A lot for a detector to deal with, and spread all across the radio spectrum...

HH,