Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hit an old church and school house

Drakester

Hello detecting folks, I took off a week and went up to the cottage. The area dates back to the early 1800's and there are old churches and school houses everywhere that have been converted into homes, decided to take a drive and ask some owners for permission to detect their properties. First place was a church dating back to 1873, i was there no more than 10 minutes and right on the front lawn bye a tree bam dug a beautiful 1930 Canadian silver quarter, then 2 feet from that snagged a 1934 Canadian 5 cent nickel. then spent maybe another 30 minutes strolling the yard and then a triple bammm 1895 Canadian large cent woo hoo I thought, also found a 1945 US wheet cent but lost it crappy. Then I drove to an old school house that was built in 1921 and asked the very friendly old lady if I could detect her property and she agreed, spent about 2 hrs there and found a 1954 Canadian silver quarter, 1962 Canadian silver quarter, a Canadian Cadet button, 1908 I think silver dime, I have to say had an absolute awesome day detecting. I usually only detect public places and have never really asked anybody for permission to detect there properties, will be doing that again soon lol HH

Very nice finds!

Nice!!