Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hit the beach for 4 hours this afternoon......

Beachcomber

Well the returned E-Trac seems to be working fine!!!! Thank You Minelab Las Vegas!!!!! After reading a Post earlier this morning that changing the Threshold Tone would shift the entire TID Tonal Range I decided to give it a try. After I set my E-Trac to my beach settings that I had come up with when I had the first E-Trac I then changed the Threshold Pitch to it's highest tone and started detecting. This worked great at making the low conductive targets to have a much louder and noticeable tone. The downside was that the Quarters were a very high pitched tone that tended to squeal or screech. I thought about it for minute and decided rather than lower the Threshold pitch I would lower the Variability from 30 down to 28. That was enough to still give a good range between the low and high tones but it was also enough to make it so the quarters no longer squealed and now both the high toned quarters and the low toned Low conductive targets both sound great. The more I hunt with the E-Trac the more I find there is to learn about it. Happily it's a productive and fun learning experience. Here are pix of my targets for today. We have had NW Winds here all week which tend to bring in lightweight targets like zinc pennies and dimes as well as lighter jewelry. As you can see there are a lot of corroded zinc pennies and a lot of dimes. I was hoping for a nice light Engagement ring with a large diamond but that didn't happen :( Still I did find some jewelry and a nice little 14K gold bracelet that read 13-01.

HH

Beachcomber