Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hit the "hunted out" section of the Park today

rks1040

The last time I was here I found a mercury dime. Went out for a short hunt,and I have to say the area is getting "thin" on coins.:lol: I ran the deep program and dug some pennys,quarters,dimes anywhere from 4 -7 inches,in the bone dry soil! I got another faint signal,and circled it. It was consistant ,with just a sliver of black showing on the horseshoe. Dug down to about 7-8 inches and caught a flash of silver in the bottom of the hole. Called my friend over and gently moved the dirt away from the coin. It was a 1946 Rosie!:clap: That's the second one in two hunts at this location,that's supposed to be "hunted out"! I'm lovi'n this deep program!:clapping: I also dug another Canadian Penny! #4 out of this area.
00121_zpsfd72c177.jpg
00415_zps89449f3a.jpg

Glad the Deep Coins Program is working well for you . . . . it took a little playing around and testing in different locations to get it dialed in but it will get the depth for sure and trash is usally not an issue . . .

Keep us informed of what else you find and hope you get some rain so you can hit the super deep targets that are sure to be lurking there

Andy

Is there a link to the deep program rks or Andy

Bav24502 said:

[Edited to add page # and fix the mistakes I made by trying to describe the program from memory]

Pretty sure they're referring to the "High Performance Coin Hunting Program" on p.105 in the book. I was wondering the same thing, and hope someone can confirm that this program is what you're talking about.

This program uses freq = 12 kHz (or 8 kHz), Disc @8, 4 tones, Sens = 92+, Iron Vol = 2, Audio Response = 4 or 5, and reactivity = 1 (with silencer @ 0 or 1). Hope that helps, and that I'm referencing the right program

Rich

samandnoah said:
Bav24502 said:

[Edited to add page # and fix the mistakes I made by trying to describe the program from memory]

Pretty sure they're referring to the "High Performance Coin Hunting Program" on p.105 in the book. I was wondering the same thing, and hope someone can confirm that this program is what you're talking about.

This program uses freq = 12 kHz (or 8 kHz), Disc @8, 4 tones, Sens = 92+, Iron Vol = 2, Audio Response = 4 or 5, and reactivity = 1 (with silencer @ 0 or 1). Hope that helps, and that I'm referencing the right program

Rich

Yes, with a few tweaks based on specific conditions at the sites . . . . provided some fine tuning suggestions to several forum members based on discussions with them . . . sometimes a slight change makes a nig difference

Andy

Andy Sabisch said:
Yes, with a few tweaks based on specific conditions at the sites . . . . provided some fine tuning suggestions to several forum members based on discussions with them . . . sometimes a slight change makes a nig difference

Andy

Thanks for the confirmation. So a couple of questions:
1) In the "generic" version in the book, what is the purpose of the Iron Volume @ 2 in this program?
2) If you're trying to use this in a fairly trashy (as in tabs, pull rings, & screw caps, not as much iron) park -- but you don't want to go to the "trashy park" program (which has been GREAT by the way) -- what are some of the first tweaks you would try? I'm finding wheat pennies in this park, but no silver yet. So I suspect there is some silver, and hence my interest in trying to find some deeper silver that I suspect is lurking somewhere in there!

Thanks!
Rich

I used this program for several hours yesterday afternoon, and I have to say that I REALLY liked it. No real keepers to speak of, but I think that I'm realizing that I like the lower reactivity levels. Yes, there were times when the response was somewhat confusing because of the proximity of multiple targets (and I was going VERY slow), but then I just bumped up the reactivity for a very small sweep area. I will definitely work with it some more. Hope I get to report a silver find from this park soon.
Rich

Took a while to get the right combination of settings dialed in on actual native targets but when they came together, the results were what I was hoping for . . . and I am glad to see others are getting similar results as well.

Great to hear that the information in the book - even though it was a killer project to say the least - is helping people in the field with the Deus (had to add a little humor to the thread :rolleyes:)

Andy

Andy Sabisch said:
Took a while to get the right combination of settings dialed in on actual native targets but when they came together, the results were what I was hoping for . . . and I am glad to see others are getting similar results as well.

Great to hear that the information in the book - even though it was a killer project to say the least - is helping people in the field with the Deus (had to add a little humor to the thread :rolleyes:)

Andy

Andy the book is more than helpful man... Its saving us tons of time on having to repeat the stuff you have already tried!!