Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hit The Jackpot Again!:drool:

mudpuppy

I had planned to quickly hunt two large school sportsfields today. Yesterday there were events going on at both of them...yesterday afternoon a cold front came in and dropped temps 20 degrees! Was a miserable cold windy and rainy day, today the wind was out of the NE blowing 20, temp was in the mid 40s, but no rain, dirt was moist though...My main school was locked, :sadwalk: so over to the other, and Bingo! Gates wide open! Trash everywhere! :thumbup:

In I went in at dawn with the F70 setup like normal with a mid 50 sens, -3 thresh, no notch, disc of 1, and of course DP tones...there was a big Relay For Life here yesterday, a guy could see from the flattened grass where the tents and popups had been set up and where the concessions were...first thing I noticed was an abundance of cans scattered all over the place,...so I found an empty ice bag and used it to pick them all up! In one trash can there was a box full of these snack treats too! Six Star Crunch cookies and a brace of HoHo's! Jackpot! :lmfao: The Mother in Law has a sweet tooth, so this haul should get her through the day, I put them on the counter near the coffee pot so she can easily find them, 'cause I'm a nice guy.:rofl:...anyway, as far as detecting...

This field turned out to be one tough customer! Soil though moist, was heavily compacted, lots of gravel down in it under the sod as well...I'd say half of these coins were on edge, all these issues combined can really give a guy fits, especially for a stabber, so I had to go slow and dink around more than normal...I figured there was a gold or silver ring in here, probably a chain too...so I went after every and all signals that are appropriate with no success....

One tight spill of note consisted of 4 dimes, 3" deep, all in an area the size of a dinner plate. With that big 11"dd, this is one tough signal to try to isolate them one at a time, all the gravel made stabbing randomly out of the question...I raised the coil off the deck and gently pumped it and got the crispest signal located first, then on and on until I got them all....There were very few fresh drops, a few stacks...but mostly slanted singletons at 3-4"...it was a lot of work and time for this meager take, conditions were uncomfortable, feet and pant legs were soaked....

I hope my Mother In Law enjoys her treats! I wont tell her I found them in a trash can....after all, thats where her daughter found me 35+ yrs ago, and things seemed to have worked out OK so far..:beers:
Mud.

I don't know what HoHo's are other than the obvious but I am sure the ones you found involve some sort of chocolate and I so want one, but have to keep my detecting weight down or I will pop a knee or something :poke: well come to think of it probably wouldn't matter what flavour HoHo's they were I would end up hurting something :poke:

I was expecting to see 100 $ bills when I opened up but instead HoHo's :lmfao:

way off track here I put a maccas burger in back of my car and 6 months latter pulled it out opened it up not one bit of mould could have tossed it in the micro and ate it , scary stuff :yikes:

well done on the HoHo's now that's going to be in my head for how long !!

AJ

edited because my brain dosnt work properly :lmfao:

Yeah! I generally eat or drink what I find, this much chocolate and sugar would have tipped me over the edge though, I'd still be out there running around like a madman!...I like to leave the house with no money, and hunt for my daily needs, so this was a jackpot of sorts...if I was a homeless bum, which may very well be my ultimate fate, this represented a better than average mudpuppy Bum Run kind of day...enough money for alcohol, and something to eat!:rofl:

In an effort to educate my Southern Hemisphere friend regarding popular American snack cake cuisine, HoHos are the dog turdish looking oblong cake rolls. The Star Crunchs resemble a baby cow flop...although there are visual similarities, from a person who has tried them all, they taste altogether different..:clapping:

Actually, a freshly harvested, early morning, still steaming baby cow flop is not bad, that is, if it was on a diet of oats..dog turds not so much, Im not a scientist, but dogs seem to process their intake more effectively than cows, and leave nothing but a bland and unpalatable dropping...although I'm sure either would be better for a guy than processed snack cakes in the long run!:lmfao:.
Mud

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKC5jjFkfgo

tabman

i have a garden so all free cow flops are welcomed :clapping: I do live in a dairy area but running around picking up poo is not so much fun when I can get down the road for a buck a bag so yeah rather find some coins and pay someone to pick it for me :biggrin:

I have found lots of things detecting but never food so well done :bouncy: or if you can call it food , but I am sure they taste great but I would run around like you said and then crash in a big pile after the come down :sleepy:

yeah dug turds don't look at all nourishing :thumbdown:

1st day of winter here and I am not liking it at ALL down to 14 top tomorrow which is about 57 in your terms and windy coming off the snow and wishing I had a pile of loot to bugga off to Queensland for the winter, where I used to live don't know whose idea it was to end up where I am :nopity: oh must have been mine as there's no one else here.

haven't even been outside today see if I can do it tomorrow but chances are slim I recon.

you are summer and its cold oh dear I don't like cold :sadwalk:

hope the mother in law liked the goodies, I want one now :biteme: but don't have anything like that in the house soo poor me right !

AJ

Ha! PERFECT vid there Tab!:clapping::rofl: Thats me alright! :lmfao: Right out of the trash and into my piehole! Thanks for that! :beers:

AJ, 57 degrees F with a stout wind is swimming weather up here! :rofl: I tell you, it would be nice for a guy to chase the seasons around the globe and never see any temp above 90F or below 50F...As a side note, the Mother In Law already gobbled up 2 of those cow flops and one set of dog turds! :rofl:

As far as myself, I've gone with my traditional canned liquid diet for the rest of today, if its in a can, its gotta be safe right? Lot safer than a trashcan HoHo I would think? :buds:
Mud

Way to go DB Mud Cooper.:wiggle:

Mud, you must drive a Toyota - because the last two Camrys I have owned the trunk weatherstripping always peels off like that...

You sure cleaned up on the clad, HoHos, Star Crunches, and cans! I'd eat a HoHo (LOL) if it was outside still in the wrapper...:rolleyes:

Hey Mud

if you find some magic HoHo's so when I click my fingers I can be where ever I want to be, I have 1st dibs on the 2nd one ok :poke:

AJ

Mud I always enjoy your posts. You are wasting your time with detecting. You should go to your true calling as a fictioneer. Those Ho's Ho's are tempting but???? Excellent post. You got people from all over the world reading about this weird guy in the States, with very unusual kind of habits? But you seem to give all of here in the States a kind of adventurous characteristic. Thanks Mud.... Happy Trails.......Z

n/t

Thanks guys...Good eye there CZ! I'm impressed!...Rosie is in fact a 2001 Chevy Prism, which as you probably know is actually a Toyota Corolla without the emblems...I love this little car! Good on gas, completely invisible and unassuming, leaks a bit of fluids, smokes, half rotten and beat up but dependable, no frills, and cheap! Just like ME! :rofl:

I often think about gluing a Jaguar or Mercedes hood ornament on her bonnet, you know, to pick up chicks!...'course we'd both need a bit of body work and perhaps a wash to meet with any success, and possibly a 'lift kit' as well...for me it would take a blue pill, for Her, I suppose 4 hockey pucks drilled and slipped over the strut shafts would work?:shrug: Or maybe the other way around? I'm not a doctor or a professional mechanic, but I can make do with what I got on hand...:rofl::sadwalk:

Wife of course hates Rosie, thinks she stinks and is ugly, (like me again!) She once even made the comment "I wouldnt be caught dead in Her!" Which I thought odd, plenty of room in the trunk for that!!:heh:
Mud