Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hit Those Ballfields!

amc rulz

I Google Earthed a new ballfield, looked good from the sky. Drove 35 miles to get there and thought NUTS it's new! Saw the "dedicated in 1978" plaque on a rock, and went in. Ninety degrees at 10 a.m. and I'm already drenched. I chisled the first signal at 4" and dug the '28 D Merc semi-key. My next dig was a memorial lincoln at 6". My third signal, 1899 Barber dime, YEE-Haw!
You just never know whats out there till you go. My favorites are ballfields. I have one near home that in one year, has coughed up 25+ silvers including seated, multiple IH's, 50+ wheats, etc, you would have thought this place had been hit hard. It probably was, but it hadn't been "explored". HH, AMC

Wow -- great hunt, great job picking the spot. I would have done just like you almost did -- given up hope for old silver, once I saw the "1978" sign. Wonder what the history of that spot is -- it obviously has some...

Great tip, by the way...

Steve

Nice finds bid.

Great job in hitting the field after knowing the date. Was probably a park or a farm before the converted to a ballfield.

Or possibly fill dirt brought in and the coins in the dirt.