Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HOLIDAY SILVER AND GOLD

curtis n

WENT OUT THIS MORNING TO THE PLACE I FOUND THE MERC DIME LAST WEEK,
BEEN TRYING TO TEACH MY 2 SONS 12 AND 10 YRS OLD TO LEARN MY OLD XLT
WELL TODAY IS ABOUT THE 7TH TIME THEY BEEN OUT AND THE IST HOUR ISNT MUCH .

IM FINDING A LOT OF CLAD AND THE OLDEST COIN IS A 62 LINC,
MY OLDEST SON TYLER IS TAKING HIS TURN WITH THE XLT AND YOU KNOW
HOW KIDS ARE THEY WANT TO GET RIGHT UNDER YOU;WELL I TOLD TYLER GO BACK OVER THERE AND
LOOK AROUND ,SO HE GOE ABOUT 75 FEET AND HE STARTS ,IN ABOUT 10 MINUTES HE COMES RUNNING
YELLING -DAD DAD LOOK WHAT I FOUND , I LOOK UP AND HES HOLDING A CHAIN WITH A MEDALLION ON IT.
BOY IS HE BEAMING NOW-I LOOK AND THE MEDALLION IS THE HEAD OF JESUS ON A CROSS.
THE CHAIN AND THE MEDALLION ARE STAMPED 14KT-GIVE HIM A COUPLE HIGH FIVES AND WE START BACK
I WAS SO PROUD OF HIM FINDING HIS FIND

FEW MINUTES I GET A GOOD SIGNAL GOING FROM DIME TO QUARTER -SO I DIG DOWN 5 INCHES
AND OUT COMES A 44MERC-RUN MY SE OVER THE DIRT AND THERES MORE ,I PULL OUT A 56 QUARTER .
WORK AROUND FINDING CLAD FOR AROUND 30 MINUTES AND I GET A GOOD NUMBER ON A QUARTER
6 INCHES AND I GET DOWN THERE AND I PULL AN 52 QUARTER -THEN A FEW I HIT A NICE 1919 LINC
ALSO FOUND A TOKEN OF SOME KIND THAT IS MADE LIKE A GERMAN COIN -ALUMINUM

SO AS YOU ALL KNOW -THIS TURNED OUT TO BE A REALLY GOOD HOLIDAY
HAVENT CLEANED THEM YET ,BUT WILL PUT PICS WHEN I DO ---LUCK TO ALL ,CURT

[size=large]now thats great bonding time. and i'll bet the lid was nailed shut on the value of mding on your sons. they're on their way.
congats.

HH[/size]

You have some great finds and from what you describe a couple of great kids. :thumbup: :twodetecting::detecting:

Great being able to get out and teach your sons how to detect. :thumbup: Very nice finds Curt .Congrats!

What a great time with you and your sons - that's a day nobody will forget. Your kids sound like natural detectorists. Way to go and HH!

Excellent finds Curt and glad you
are teaching your kids the right way
to detect. Gold Nuggets :wiggle: