Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HOLMES on HOLMES

crackerjuan

32cents & sunburnt legs later back from holmes beach , fl surf was ruff current somewhat strong made water detecting reel hard me & four other guys comb the beach , that beach is picked clean @ least the beach i go to is full of costume jewerly & iron, had fun anyway

That beach has been under construction for quite a while. Just last week they had the dredges out and they also had the sand barrels running getting the last pieces of concrete out of the sand from the pier they took down. There were bulldozers, backhoes and front end loaders with large portions of the beach cordoned off.

They want to build another pier but I don't think the money is there to do it.

The beach is picked clean... plus it is that the people are not wearing the bling as in the past. Nothing to lose so nothing to find.

I spent a few hours observing the folks at the beach and I've noticed a few things.

Fewer people at the beaches.
Fewer people wearing gold or silver
The pawn shops are now our competition. I checked into a few pawn shops in the Sarasota / Bradenton area and they are now complaining that all the people have sold off their gold and no longer have any to sell.
Very few people in the water since the oil spill.
Too many people with metal detectors

So there you go......I'm changing my mode of operation and am going after the older areas that have in the past been used as a beach. It is going to take some research. I'm not giving up....just have to change my way of metal detecting.

LOL,,Yes your right,not enough bling, but its still a bit early for fresh stuff to fall off in water yet, temps in water still a bit to cold still,need to wait for about another month or so..
hh
john