Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Holy %#*t, What a difference...

bigealive

I have been md'ing for years and never thought I needed a pin pointer, but yesterday I was at the local shop and looked at the pro pointer. It seemed like John and Bill were talking this thing up being that it was a Garrett and it was the newest thing so I was really pondering 150 investment in a hobby (infatuation) that the wife is already sick of being a widow from. Against my better judgement I purchase it. Went out last night and saved myself literally minutes on each dig. 36 coins in 1 1/2 hours. Not that it is a record but most of these coins were between 4-7 inches. Usually, it takes 5 minutes unless I hit the hole perfect. I would pop a plug, scan it with the pointer and scan the hole. As soon as it went off the search was over. From digging to filling the hole takes 1 minute. I still can't believe I md'ed for so many years and didn't have one. Garrett hit a homerun with this thing. Happy Hunting, Todd

I was being very ultruistic in my opinions on the field test above. I have used many other pinpointers, and nothing even comes close to the operational aspects of the Pro-Pointer.

Yep, I've had one from day one, and am spoiled for sure. I don't think I'd
want to do without one. They sure make it easier to find tiny objects that
are dirt encrusted. Both my 250 and the pinpointer do real well on tiny metal.
Even slivers, and BB's are no problem at all. BB's hit hot on a 250, and the
pinpointer makes it fast and easy to dig them up.
But... Mine is not a Pro-pointer.. It's a automax V2 that I got for $40 with the
Ace 250. "Kellyco"
Right now, if you buy a machine $199 up, they will give you a automax V4 free, but
you pay shipping. You get a pinpointer for $19.95, which is the ship/handling charge.
Great deal for a Ace 250 buyer.. Lets you get a good pinpointer for dirt cheap.
That's a better deal than I got when I bought mine. Recommend 100 % to anyone
considering buying a Ace 250 or better.. I usually don't push companies, but that's a
good deal. :thumbup: Trust me, the extra 20 bucks is money well spent.
I've never regretted getting mine.
The automax is a bit bulkier as far as the package vs the Garrett, but it's a good
pinpointer electrically. Seems to be about as good as the Garret from what all I've heard
so far.
I like the Garret package better though. Looks more rugged, and ergonomic..
With the automax, you have to be careful with the probe. It can break if you
whack or stress it too hard. But I haven't had any trouble yet, being I don't use
it as a digger.. :rofl:

Sorry for Doubting u John. It is worth every penny. I don't like that you can't shut the sound off but a little electrical tape and barely noticable. (Don't like to draw attention to me when digging, aloud sounds are not good)

Well, looks like I'll finally have to break down and spend
the money. I've been useing my little chinese cheapo for so long ($15.00)
that I just have not paid much attention to the new toy on the block.
Katz

Take time to smell the flowers.

Yeah I tried to get Garrett to change that when I tested it and I told them that screeching wouldn't go over too well with users but they didn't listen.. A piece of cork with tape over it will silence it pretty good.

Bill

It is much more sensitive and so can locate targets the V2 can't see. Saves a lot of time when you don't quite get the pinpoint right with your main machine. I wouldn't think of going detecting without my propointer.

I think that is it's only downfall... I do alot of digging in private yards so I would rather not have the machine drawing attention to me when I am digging a hole. About the time they here it and walk over to see what the noise is all about, I will pull a Morgan Silver Dollar or something else good out of the ground.(Then what do you do???) I taped it off and I can't hear it will my headphones on but I am sure that someone else can still here it. Anyways, the moral of the story is The Pro Pointer is the Big Ticket when it comes to recovery... End of Story! Thanks, Todd

The V2 goes far enough for normal pinpointing purposes. I'm usually not off any more
than it's range. It'll do about an inch on a clad dime. A bit more with larger coins.
But you can't get a Propointer for $20 like you can the V4 right now.
The cheap price offsets any advantage the Propointer has.
Some may still want to pay extra and get the Garrett, but I was mentioning
that deal more for newcomers who are thinking about a machine, and know
they don't have enough cash for a regular price pinpointer also.
That deal will let them get one for $20, and the Automax is fairly decent.
Lots better than say one of the cheapy Harbor Freight models for instance.
They can wear out the V4 and get a Propointer later.. :thumbup:
I've been running the V2 for three years, and have been pretty happy with it
so far. Like I say, I think it's weakest point is probably the bulky case,
but even that hasn't really been a problem.
I'm not going to get another until the V2 craters, being it does the job.
I'll probably consider a Propointer at that time.