Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Homemade coil cover

i have a old sear/whites that i have use forever it looks used but it still works buy the way its from 1979 and i have a new dfx apx 4 years old with a coil cover yes it looks new i try very hard to keep it like that the cover only has a few Marks on it but the down side is i have to take the cover off and wash the coil and cover because it gets sand in it. its a win lose thing but the cover is only 6.95 why try and make one just go buy it

I got my sea hunter recently and coated the coil before i even used it once. I used loctite ( plastic padding ) marine epoxy. Comes in two metal containers, not the basic plastic 2 part tube thing. Read the instructions and apply = after 4 hours of drying you have a very tough waterproof surface on your coil. Have done a few hunts with the sea hunter now and the epoxy seems to be holding up just fine. Easy to patch when needed with the extra epoxy from da can :) Costs about 16-20 euros here in Finland.

Good to test ahead of time like someone did by spraying on some cardboard. I contacted a spray on bedliner company and they could not garantee there was no trace metal in their spray.

Some people were using PC-7 on the bottom of their coils so I also contacted PC Products and they said that PC-7 has 1/1000ths part metal in it, but said that PC-11 has NO metal in it.

PC-11 is completely metal free so this is what I am going to use on the bottom of my coils in time.