Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hookahs

jkline

Any thoughts on practical these would be, for detecting at 20' or less-- freshwater docks and beaches. I would probably just cobble together the stuff myself instead of buying one.

I don't have an underwater detector, but am considering the Minelab.

I have scuba gear, but haven't dove in 20 years, and given that the nearest dive shop is a 4 hr round trip drive, getting re-certified, tanks inspected and filled, etc etc, just isn't practical.

TIa,

I have a couple commercially built battery powered hookahs.
I bought a used Sea Breathe 2 person deck model about 4yrs ago and used it a few times as you suggest. I always feared I would pull it into the water even though I tethered it.
Last fall I bought a Keene floating setup and have yet to use it and it may be next year.
I am scuba certified and try to keep 4 tanks on hand filled for freshwater detecting since I too am 2hrs from a dive shop. I dive-detect at least 2-4 times a year and still have 2 of my 4 tanks filled.
Since I prefer swimming holes to dock diving I am seriously thinking about getting a Blu3 Nemo battery powered system for the ease of carry; compact and advertised at 10lbs. Significantly less bulky than tanks or hookah but limited to 10' which is plenty for most of my swimming holes.
I prefer tanks as I am not tethered to a hose.
I have not found anything more valuable diving than wading but I always enjoy being under the water regardless the find.

I just bought a Blu3 Nemo set-up with 3 batteries. I use it when I hunt in chest deep and deeper. I can't use a scoop in the lake I hunt because of the composition of the lake bed. I have enough weights to let me get to the bottom to use my hand held probe to fan/dig to recover the targets. I paid $1009 shipped and it works great, the batteries are rated for appr. 60 minutes of use, it's an on demand system that on provides air when you need it.

Thanks for the Blue3 tip. The machine doesn't look very rugged however.

Lol-- I don't expect this hobby to pay for itself, but I'm wondering if the cost/benefit/pleasure ratio is getting a tad skewed with the cost of the unit, plus an Excaliber.

Thanks for the replies