Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hopeful for any help. Machine may be broken

DigDugNY

I have an Excalibur 1000 that I brought to the beach for vacation and last I tried it, it worked. I went out to detect this morning and as soon as I turned it on the threshold sound was very loud and it stayed that way no matter where i set the knob. Turning the volume knob didn't change anything and switching from discriminate to pinpoint didn't change anything, all I'm getting is that constant sound. The coil was not responding to any targets I put under it either. I'm really freaking out right now and hope maybe someone knows what it could be

It was something with the battery

Yes ..... battery or its just not getting a good connection. Test the DCV first ...... if its good, try spreading the male prongs a tad with a butter knife. Those batteries have been around awhile..... and are only 700 mah compared to the Xcal II which is 1000 mah. Personally id up grade to the lith or maxxpack and a smart charger. Otherwise you are getting about 5 hours hunting time with age on those batteries.

Dew