Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Horseshoe question....

AZWIP

Howdy folks,

Having just recently become an XP owner... awesome machine! I had a question, that I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to... I have googled it big time and come up with nada, lol.... my question is:

Ok, I know the "Horseshoe" graphic on the screen, will indicate Ferrous/Non-Ferrous.... Cool. Also, I know it will indicate depth, as it will get filled in or not filled in... BUT... in the middle of the horseshoe is a symbol that looks like a bullseye or reticle, etc... what the McNuggets is that used for? Sometimes I see it get like BOLD or black, but I can't seem to figure out what that symbol tells me? I have read the manual and done a search etc... anyone know what that symbol thing does? Perhaps I am just imagining it. Lol.

Thanks either way folks.

Take care and Happy Hunting!

Ron

Hi Ron, I have never seen anything like that on mine. It is one little line that is at the top of the shoe, it is black on right or black on left for iron. I have never seen anything in the middle.

I hope someone answers this. I wondered this to and could not find anything in the manual or Andy's book. Is it a target that is close? Is it iron? It seems like I see it most when I get a scratchy muffled tone from big iron near surface.

Whew, glad I'm not losing my marbles, lol...I'll post if I find the answer as well.... one company I had IM'd... told me the guy who would know the answer was out on vacation for the week... but when he got back they would check with him etc.... weird though eh, lol.

definately got what looks like the cross hairs on a scope on my control box, just like the picture in Andys book on page 27, but as mentioned, no reference to it ?

Howdy folks... I did receive one reply today:

"Very good question they don't say much about it but I believe its a coil overload as it does darken in when placed over large targets."

Interesting and very well could be what its all about... sounds good to me, lol.

So, now ya'll know what I know. If anyone knows better/more... please let us know.

Ron