Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hot find on a cool night

jhettel

Made a great find with my Tesoro Tejon last night. Went to a kind of worked out civil war site in Missouri found two minnies, one button back, and a whole bunch of round balls. Made two coin like finds also. First is about the size of a large cent, however, it is plain on both sides, maybe some very faint markings but definitely not a coin. Second speaks for itself. Look at the picture and read what it says. On the back it is dated 1861. This is a super find. A real sutler token.

The backside is a bit deteriorated. I did a scan. The 1861 is clearly visible. In the center is an mans bent arm holding a hammer.

I am a bit afraid to do any kind of cleaning, or anything at this point.

it's a great find indeed. original and dated sutler store tokens are getting harder to find all the time. you might be surprised at it's value! the tejon is a great machine - i have one too. thanks, and hh!