Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hot program V4

Dalpal

Gary,
I saw on facebook that the discrimination on the hot program should be -6.5 and some of the first downloads were 6.5. True?

[attachment 342675 Internet.jpg]

Couldn't resist . . . . . . sorry

Thats what it shows in the manual. http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/telechargement/Instruction%20manual/DEUS_V4_MANUAL_UK.pdf

The DIS is set at -6.4 but unless you are looking for structures long gone; i.e., remains of houses including tile and ceramics, this is a UK setting . . . having tried it at several sites in the States, it extremely noisy and did not result in any more finds in my pouch than if I ran the Discrimination up to quiet things down.

Everyone will be different in terms of preferences but hearing more does not always mean finding more (at least keeper-wise)

Andy Sabisch

Yes it is true.
What I downloaded yesterday disc in hot program was 6.5,,,downloaded today changed disc to -6.4.

Also is mentioned on Tnet with the following entry.
laidback4sho;5333017 said:
This just in:

There is a POSSIBLE mistake in some downloads in V4 program 9 HOT ...........it should be default discrimination -6.4 as stated in the manual. HOWEVER IT IS PROGRAMED 6.4 INSTEAD OF -6.4 so until V4.1 comes out you need to manually adjust it ( I spoke to gary and he confirms it)
I adjusted it and then saved it as Hot 2
EDIT
((((it now appears that TODAYS DOWNLOADS been corrected !))) so if you check and its wrong download it again

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

This has now been amended, if your disc in program 9 reads 6.4, re install V4 and it will read -6.4.
Many thanks.