Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hot Rock He!!!!!!!!!

godigit1

Ive been doing tonnes of research on places to nugget shoot. I finally got lost and found a place that has not been worked in many years and its on recently acquired public land, tonnes of stacking and tailing piles for at least 50 yards all around the creek. My luck couldn't be that good I thought as I whipped out the Bug and the new 5x10 coil and went at it. Turns out I was right, the hot and cold rocks were so bad it was like detecting a chain link fence or a sidewalk with a screen in it. I have only experienced conditions this bad once before and it was because of fist sized pieces of hematite in a bench deposit that yielded just under 3 and a half ounces. I couldn't detect that either and took truck loads of material to a river 17 miles away to sluice.

I will say this though I did manage to pick up a good sounding signal in a bank but could not find it so I brought the dirt home and panned it and found a sliver of a copper jacket off a bullet. So at least the bug found something amongst that tortured ground. I don't thing any machine can hunt that ground at any price. I'm not even going to bother with my SD 2200v2 Ill just go back with a sluice.

Good luck out there!
Digit

Just for giggles and grins, please take your PI machine when you go back then let us know how you do. I would be interested and I'm sure others would be as well.

I bet you be surprised on how the PI will handle that ground.I use my Infinium and she purrs anywhere I been so far.Eastren Bc purcell mountians alot of hot rocks in the good ground- iron pyrite and hematite.It ignores allmost all hot rocks I have seen my buddies Infinium pick up a few but very rarely.

my GT sovereign handls roks well have you used one ? even hot rocks and cold rocks its all metal is smooth i noted the gold bug will beep on rocks that have been in a fire