Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hot rocks...

jyt2017

Strong signals disappearing after a few scoops. Coins and pulltabs I find are normal...but its the strong...mid to low tone teasers that have me worried. Are these hot rocks or a defect? I have what I think to be stable settings.

What I am trying to fine tune is IDing these and moving along. But its hard because they sound so good sometimes. Assuming my machine is not messing up either. So...anyone else have the hotrock issue....fresh water?

HH -Joe

i have found the sov and excal to be exellent in not responding to hot rocks.....if you are hunting a fresh water swimming beach those signals could be anything from foil to gold..... if it is sounding off there is most likely a target there........at fresh water beaches i find many signals simular to what you describe.....tiny tiny metal sparkly things from girls swimsuits,,ear ring pendants,,ear ring backs,,small charms etc etc can give very good signals and then disapear if you dig too deep.....some pendants will only sound off at a 1 or 2 inch maximum depth.....some items will give a weak signal in disc mode and no signal in all metal and visa-versa.......next time you dig one of these fantom signals remove no more than a half inch of sand at a time rescanning after each sand removal.....yes this gets a little monotinous but it is the best way to retrieve those hard to detect items....some times it takes me 5 minutes to retrieve a target which was only 1 inch under the surface but it is rare for me to totally lose the target....

Could be strong concentrations of black sand or a tiny target.... but if you are having to dig twice and still hear it after the first dig they may be something there you are covering up or dropping away from the hole. Some detectors will even start missing the target because it picks up the hole and the target is disregarded because of a weaker signal. Id think fresh water would give you more of a problem just because of the concentration of minerals. If the target isnt moving (false reading) on your swings id stay there is something there small you moved or missed.

Dew

The newer Sovereigns don't have the hot rock problems that the older Soveregns had ..... You might be experiencing minerals or rusted metal that once it gets disturbed it is spread out in the dirt / sand and is not able to be picked up by the detector ....If it were a hot rock issue , you would be able to pull the hot rock out of the ground and see it ..... Jim