Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"HOT" soil vs Deus....

ncarolina

Have any of you used the Deus in Culpper area of Va? In the "HOT" soil? If so what settings did you use and what were your results?
Many Thanks
NC Jeff

Have attempted to use the Deus multiple times in Culpeper. The ground is razor hot in most farmed areas. The woods less so. No matter the settings, your machine will be de-graded to a certain degree depending on hunt location. The deeper your targets, the more degradation you will experience. If your site has been hunted for years, chances are your not going to find much that is shallow. Areas where hunting has been less active may improve your chances greatly of finding relics that are within the capability of the Deus in this nasty ground. You are doing well if you get a consistent discrimination signal at 5". After that, most good signals (non-ferrous) will degrade into an iron grunt. The Gold Fields program will work but you must dig every signal. Your best option is to use a pulse machine if one is available. The Minelab GPX series are the top dogs for this type of bad ground hunting if you plan to hunt this area extensively. I do use my Deus for checking the dirt once I remove it from a perspective hut or trash pit. If interested, email me in regards to settings. They are very site specific depending on how hard the site has been hunted. Ronald.j.stump@gmail.com

I see, so basically no it doesn't work, I use my GPX 5000 when I'm up there, just had never tried the Deus as I figured that would be the answer. Thank you

Stick with your GPX 5000 unless you are in a wooded area where you have lots of iron that causes your GPX to null out. The Deus might be worth a shot. If your running more than 50% FE bars in that Culpeper soil, your machine won't be that effective at depth. However, if your site hasn't been spanked by previous VLF machines, you might steal some targets that aren't too deep hiding in that iron.

Well,,,not been in any Cullpepper soil,,,but some higher mineral soil.

Granted Deus will suffer like all other vlfs,,,just not as much as many others from a depth perspective--- but remember you are talking about depth as it relates to distinguishing ferrous from nonferrous by way of tone acquired.

Best settings for best performance in the hotter ground= 18khz, silencer -1, reactivity 3 or 4,, slow sweep, tx power 2.
Deus will distinguish nonferrous from ferrous on deeper targets vs most other Vlf detectors--- now even an inch more depth from a percentage point is great.

Also remember Deus is great separator in and around iron and nails with these settings as well.

There's a video on youtube of a guy with settings for Culpeper. It called XP Deus in Heavy Mineralized Dirt vs the AT Pro, T2 and CTX .

-Bill