Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:hot:VAQUERO PINPOINTING

tailofdog

I love my Vaquero but, find pinpointing very general not, tight at all. I use my propointer so it's ok but,
just wondering how others find it.One thing that has helped me a lot is, the Little Eagle Shovel(ONLY WAY TO DIG)

Yeah I agree and use it very little.

Funny you should say that about the Little Eagle...I just bought one myself. :)

Someone should do a pinpointing Video , if it has already not been done. After using my Cibola(Same without GB) I have found I only use the pinpoint to size up a target. I am deadly accurate with a quick X.

The pinpoint is hard to get used to because you must keep moving and If you stay under metal it will silence... not super great I agree.

Mike

Just wondering if the 10x12 concentric coil would be a better Pinpointer? Also how much would this affect balance?

I can usually hit a coin on the first or 2nd probe with a screwdriver, the vaquero pinpoints like a surgeon. Xing the target works great for me - left to right and front and back. I will usually pinpoint it a couple times to be absoulutely certain I am dead on. The 10x12 pinpoints fairly decent, but not quite as good as the stock 9x8 coil.

I have an ACE 250 that definitely needs the pinpoint button....with the Vaquero, it's fine on its own...have never needed the pinpoint button.

Yeah id rather them take the pinpoint button off and add another feature in its place.
Like multi tone or something.

deathhare said:
Yeah id rather them take the pinpoint button off and add another feature in its place.

another good point of not using the pinpointer constantly is that batteries last longer, I like the button... but I would prefer a second discrimination... :)

Topo said:
deathhare said:

another good point of not using the pinpointer constantly is that batteries last longer, I like the button... but I would prefer a second discrimination... :)

Sorry, but from my exrerience I get longer battery life in the vco mode. There are some sites that I hunt in vco mode all day - 10 hrs and then go for half the next day. I think turning the threshold up is what really sucks the batteries dry. I used to only get 7-8 hrs on a battery in disc mode with thresh turned up some. I hardly supertune any more exept to get a stronger reading on a deep target.
But, a second disc would be nice. when it comes right down to it I would like lots of extra features, hummm gain, volume, multitone, maybe some way to clearly distunguish bottlecaps.

thump7 said:
Topo said:
deathhare said:

Sorry, but from my exrerience I get longer battery life in the vco mode. There are some sites that I hunt in vco mode all day - 10 hrs and then go for half the next day. I think turning the threshold up is what really sucks the batteries dry. I used to only get 7-8 hrs on a battery in disc mode with thresh turned up some. I hardly supertune any more exept to get a stronger reading on a deep target.
But, a second disc would be nice. when it comes right down to it I would like lots of extra features, hummm gain, volume, multitone, maybe some way to clearly distunguish bottlecaps.

yes, the high threshold is what consumes more the battery, I usually use mine after 1 o'clock when running disc

I haven't hunted only in vco yet, but for sure I will try it soon. What is your experience with the vco mode? more depth? more sensitivity?

Topo said:
yes, the high threshold is what consumes more the battery, I usually use mine after 1 o'clock when running disc

I haven't hunted only in vco yet, but for sure I will try it soon. What is your experience with the vco mode? more depth? more sensitivity?

I am in love with the VCO/AM mode. I have found 1/2" musket balls down just over 10" deep, and it did not fall in from the side of the hole. A broken wagon wrench about 3" in diameter at 2 feet deep! Sensitivity - fine gold chains register loud and clear, wouldn't expect to find them any deeper than maybe 4" though.

The VCO mode is an art of it's own, Deeep targets that will not register in disc mode take on a signal of bird shot (quiet, smooth, and size up the same as bird shot about 4" down). Targets close to the surface give off a signal before the coil is even over the target.

I have had the best results ground balancing perfectly in the 'middle' and setting the threshold just above a mosquito buzz. With this setting the machine becomes very sensitive to the slightest changes in the ground, some signals can be hard to tell between changes in the ground matrix and an actual target signal, If you are getting a slight rise in the threshold while Xing over the spot - dig it. I have dug many holes with nothing in them - but I have also dug many holes with a target in the bottom deep enough to be called a liar!

The stock coil is the best compromise and I have had the best results with it. Rubbing the coil on the ground will make all the difference between a signal or walking over a great find.
The VCO mode is your best friend if you know how to use it. I hope you take the time to master this hidden jem in tesoro electronics, good luck.

thump7 said:
Topo said:

I am in love with the VCO/AM mode. I have found 1/2" musket balls down just over 10" deep, and it did not fall in from the side of the hole. A broken wagon wrench about 3" in diameter at 2 feet deep! Sensitivity - fine gold chains register loud and clear, wouldn't expect to find them any deeper than maybe 4" though.

The VCO mode is an art of it's own, Deeep targets that will not register in disc mode take on a signal of bird shot (quiet, smooth, and size up the same as bird shot about 4" down). Targets close to the surface give off a signal before the coil is even over the target.

I have had the best results ground balancing perfectly in the 'middle' and setting the threshold just above a mosquito buzz. With this setting the machine becomes very sensitive to the slightest changes in the ground, some signals can be hard to tell between changes in the ground matrix and an actual target signal, If you are getting a slight rise in the threshold while Xing over the spot - dig it. I have dug many holes with nothing in them - but I have also dug many holes with a target in the bottom deep enough to be called a liar!

The stock coil is the best compromise and I have had the best results with it. Rubbing the coil on the ground will make all the difference between a signal or walking over a great find.
The VCO mode is your best friend if you know how to use it. I hope you take the time to master this hidden jem in tesoro electronics, good luck.

Thanks a lot for sharing thump7. I will run that mode for my next hunt in one of my well hunted areas. the area I'm thinking should be perfect for the vco, it is a sandy clean ground where I have found coins buttons and buckles, there is a great probability to find very deep targets, in fact last time while packing my gear to go home I searched a small spot and received an iffy signal, very bad it was getting dark and had no time to investigate

EDIT: that stock coil is hot indeed