Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How about a 6" coil

rarysgaard

Just thinking out loud. Is anyone besides me interested in Deus coming out with a 6" sniper coil? I think the 9" is a great standard coil and the 11"x13" makes a great large coil. I"ve talked to others about this and their feedback is that it isn't necessary because of the lighting fast re-set. I still beleive it has a place even with the fast re-set. It will be significantly smaller than the 9" and will get better target separation in extremely trashy conditions. I would love to hear feedback?

I keep finding things in hi trash so small with the 9

Yes I would buy a $ 600.00 6 inch coil that is how much I believe that I will find a lot more in trashy spots with the 6 inch coil . I have used 6 inch coils on all of my detectors that offered a 6 inch coil . I think the XP Deus would be even better in trashy filled spots with a 6 inch coil . Can everyone tell us if they have ever used a 6 inch coil in trashy spots or not . A friendly survey . Then let us know if they think they should offer a 6 inch coil for the XP Deus . I ask this because I think that most detector owners that say we do not need a 6 inch coil for the XP Deus has not ever used a 6 inch coil in trashy spots before . I ask this as a friendly survey .

I was mostly a small coil hunter before getting the Deus. The Deus is different than other machines; changing the reactivity level is equal to changing the coil size on other units. 18kHz at 5 reactivity is incredibly sharp.....try it sometime if you haven't yet. If a smaller coil could reduce the length of the current stock coil's footprint while getting a little more depth, then I would be interested. There was a rumor a while back that for V3 they would be upping the reactivity level to ten. That's something I wouldn't mind seeing. If I had my pick of coils to try, I'd like to see how a concentric would do to tame that racehorse down just a bit.

xpdeusmann said:
Yes I would buy a $ 600.00 6 inch coil that is how much I believe that I will find a lot more in trashy spots with the 6 inch coil . I have used 6 inch coils on all of my detectors that offered a 6 inch coil . I think the XP Deus would be even better in trashy filled spots with a 6 inch coil . Can everyone tell us if they have ever used a 6 inch coil in trashy spots or not . A friendly survey . Then let us know if they think they should offer a 6 inch coil for the XP Deus . I ask this because I think that most detector owners that say we do not need a 6 inch coil for the XP Deus has not ever used a 6 inch coil in trashy spots before . I ask this as a friendly survey .

I have used a 6" coil.

small coils have been ruled out by the makers .
only bigger are in store

I agree with you 100% my gold finds increased dramatically when I switched almost exclusively to the 6" coil. I don't understand why they would come out with an 11" coil when the 9" standard & the 11x13" should handle coverage. I don't understand the resistence to the 6" coil. Almost all other makers have the small coil as part of their arsenal.

mrwilburino said:
[del]There was a rumor a while back that for V3 they would be upping the reactivity level to ten. [del]

as long as it isn't one of those '... this amp goes to 11' type of increase. [g]

/guy

I am with you a lot of people want a small coil see no need for the 11" if you have the 11x13. Makes no sense that they would not make what people want to buy. I also heard that V3 was comming out :rolleyes:

I can assure you that majority of people outside the USA want 11" coil, but there is also place for a small coil.