Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How about some hunting results!

nagant

I haven't had much to post about but this forum is turning into a collectors forum. This unit VS that unit, First gen vs latest version. Go buy a Compass 77b#@^% if your really into that but lets see some honest hunt results good or bad for gods sake!

Its the same on most forums at the moment........they are either really quiet or,as you say,about the techhology rarther than the enjoyment of just getting out there and and searching.
A lot of this latest high tech is just bullcrap anyway.

I'm just frustrated, need to get a couple good locations. Once i dig a couple silvers my attitude improves;)

Here, besides some clad coins, found this old gas valve last friday using a vaquero with 5.75 concentric coil. Netural GB, disc. line below nickel, sense around 7, just audible threshold in North Sebago, Maine.. There, are you happy now? haha

These and allot of clad, (about $9 or so), are some of the finds from last couple of outings with the Vaquero and Mojave.
The Indian head penny has a 1__0 that can be seen for the date, so it can be only one of 5 dates 1860,1870,1880,1890 or 1900.
Some came from tot lots and some from a sports field.
I have other brands of MD but really enjoy the Tesoros!
Mojave
Vaquero
Tejon Black
3 others of different makes.

So far nothing but wheaties No Silver. If You are jonesing go too YouTube as plenty of Newbees finding Silver with every dig just about. They must be the world's greatest Detectorist in just a Couple Years. Every site they go too seems to be virgin.

Yeah i need to hit a few spots over again that i did find a few silvers at. their big and i know there are more surprises. Thanks for the replies and keep swinging:detecting: and rub them in my face, i'm a glutton for punishment :poke:

[attachment 358367 thumbnail_IMG_0314.jpg]Here's a few finds from the last couple weeks ... top is a Confederate Enfield , left and right are round balls of different sizes , and center is a silver plated convex one piece button ..... I cant find an exact match for it ..... measures 20mm ........ almost forgot , found with my Vaquero

My schools are being fenced in (security), the Corp of Engineers has shut down detecting at lakes, and city parks seem to attract costume jewelry! Did eyeball a fine 10k gold chain 2 seconds before my Compadre coil passed over it.:rofl:

They even fence the dirt piles at construction sites around here!

Yeah We lost a lot of sites last couple Years. It was more fun when a small cult like Hobby. You were the lone 'weirdo' as People thought. But when it became more mainstream and Newbs around here would hit a site 5-6 Guys at a time with Shovels. It drew too much attention by busy bodys. Just My take as a Grumpy Old Man.

Harold said:
Yeah We lost a lot of sites last couple Years. It was more fun when a small cult like Hobby. You were the lone 'weirdo' as People thought. But when it became more mainstream and Newbs around here would hit a site 5-6 Guys at a time with Shovels. It drew too much attention by busy bodys. Just My take as a Grumpy Old Man.
Just the truth. The worst a guy would carry would be a tubular digger made from an aluminum pipe for the tough coins-or a knife for those who had clumpy, tall grass soils. Then computers, etc. were stolen from schools and the government stepped into the lakes- never mind fishermen and campers were the major culprits. After getting a fine multi purpose detector 5 years ago, I don't even look at them anymore.

Luckily I still have permission from a nearby City to hunt in their parks (29 of them or so!!) But haven't had a chance to stray too far into many of them.

I’m back to Tesoro after a year away. First minute of swinging in my heavily pounded back yard and I dig a Loonie (Canadian $1 coin). It’s like coming home again. Great finds, coming up.

Been hunting with my Impact and I have to say if I'm looking for clad (canadian) my silver with the cleansweep is my machine of choice.

Sorry about the short message on the gold and silver pendant, I was late getting off to work. I found the pendant in a shredded rubber tire tot lot with the Mojave using the stock coil. My settings where sensitivity on 5 and disc on the I in Iron. This is my first double marked target find and my first gold and silver with the Mojave in the short time that owned it. I like using the Mojave in tot lots, around benches, those pesky bottle cap parking lots ect;