Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How About SOME UPDATES on WHAT YOU THINK about the New MINELAB SVC Center's REPAIRS:

I'm interested in what EXCAL Owners think about the REPAIRS they had on their Older EXCALS'!! Also, have you WATER HUNTED with the EXCAL after
getting it back from MINELAB, and ARE the REPAIRS HOLDING UP? Curious minds want to know!! MANY THANKS for taking the time!! Les Robinson

Some of you probably remember my initial rant when my excal had been held captive for 2 months during the transition. It was a blue headphone one that had lost the threshold and volume control and had an intermittent crackle in the headphones. After my problem was brought to their attention the repairs were made (with the exception of the intermittent crackle in the headphones) and they very graciously declined payment due to the time involved. The headphone crackle only occurs very rarely so I can understand how it could have been missed and since it wasn't a big issue I decided not to send it back even though they offered to repair it. I have been using that excal just about every day for the past few months and it is operating perfectly-actually it is better IMHO than my excal 2 Also since I changed over to the Peltor headphones the intermittent crackle has disappeared. IMHO I still think the stated 45 days for repair is a bit excessive but I am sure that once things get organized the time element will be shortened

Hi Erikk, MANY THANKS for taking the time!! Also, I started experiencing that SAME INTERMITTENT C-R-A-C-K-L-E while water-hunting this summer at
the S.Jersey Shore, and I'm wondering if it could be EMI at that PARTICULAR BCH LOCATION!! TOO COLD to waterhunt the bches in my
area now, so will have to wait, and see if it that location, or something else causing that problem!!