Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How about...what a oddball stuff have you found in the woods/wilderness..no detector required

azsh07

O.k.....I started detecting in 1985 on a serious level...so thats 31 years now. I have detected all over the Maine and NH woods as well as prospecting for 4 years in the Az mountains.

The oddest things have been found without a detector. I have stumbled into more marijuana grows than I care to. Came across a Coyote camp in Az ( not the animals). Found a stolen jewelery box laying on the ground in the woods...still had jewelry in it...obviously stolen. Found two metal detectors actually and one pinpointer although both detectors were cheap junk.

Today I am a 1/3 mile in the woods and I find..a craftsmen toolbox loaded with tools. The smaller carry type. Loaded with 1/2" impact drive tools sockets and an Ingersoll and Rand impact wrench. Must have weighed 50lbs. I lugged that pig out....but what the heck is it doing in the woods. Why steal it and drag it way out there...why take it way out to begin with. Sure beats the two buttons I found...

So what oddball but cool finds have you found while detecting but not with the detector. I know there has to be some really cool finds and some that just make you go....huh...?

A length of flexible copper tubing in a cool mountain stream in WV.

Those are very interesting finds !

A dead cat buried in a cast iron pot with a glass lid. Thought I'd really found a treasure until I took the lid off. I was out four wheelin and a jeep came from headon. They stopped and asked if we'd seen a handgun laying in the trail. One of them had left it on the spare tire on the back and they drove off, forgetting about it. Wish I'd found it, but someone will, some day.

Hi azsh07, I found a dried up old dead cow in a dug well years ago. Had a digging buddy one time that found himself waist deep into an old well and barely hanging onto a bush ! We like to have lost him that day ! Now y'all be careful out there! HH, Charlie

About 20 yrs ago. Was out hunting coins with my hound on a wet night. Leaning on a tree waiting for my dog to strike. Thought I heard something scurrying. Turned on my light, spotted 4 power tools laying in a ditch. Got out of there, called local police. To their credit, followed me threw wet weeds to retrieve them. Side note: Neighbors seen the police stopping to pick me up to take them to the tools. So word got out, police picked up Dancer last night. No one said a word till years later. While fishing neighbor asked me about it. Can't imagine what was being said. Lol. !

Found this one day while coin hunting in the park in high grass. Try carrying that in your coin pouch all day. :rofl:

Ron in WV

Just to day I went to a wooded area in a local park, that I hunt a lot. Today I was heading back walking a path and I notice something kind stuffed under a log that I have hunted around several time. So I had to check it out, it was a large purse and I opened the top and it was full of prescription medicine. I took a quick look around nobody seemed to be in the area, so checked a couple of the bottles and there were pills in them. So I put it back under the log and moved off and started detecting and thinking. I called 911 and the lady dispatcher answered and I told her what I found. She ask if I needed an officer, I told her I didn't need one and I told her, what do you want do with this bag, I can leave it here or I would be glad to walk it out if you want somebody to pick it up. I could tell I just threw her a curve ball. She came back and side a officer would meet me at my truck.

I walked it out and put the purse under my truck and I hunted within sight of the truck for about an hour and a officer showed up and went through the bag and took off.

Ron in WV

WV62 said:
Just to day I went to a wooded area in a local park, that I hunt a lot. Today I was heading back walking a path and I notice something kind stuffed under a log that I have hunted around several time. So I had to check it out, it was a large purse and I opened the top and it was full of prescription medicine. I took a quick look around nobody seemed to be in the area, so checked a couple of the bottles and there were pills in them. So I put it back under the log and moved off and started detecting and thinking. I called 911 and the lady dispatcher answered and I told her what I found. She ask if I needed an officer, I told her I didn't need one and I told her, what do you want do with this bag, I can leave it here or I would be glad to walk it out if you want somebody to pick it up. I could tell I just threw her a curve ball. She came back and side a officer would meet me at my truck.

I walked it out and put the purse under my truck and I hunted within sight of the truck for about an hour and a officer showed up and went through the bag and took off.

Ron in WV
Response seems a little weak. Course, today they could've been busy chasing bags of Herion.

Dancer said:
WV62 said:

Ron in WV
Response seems a little weak. Course, today they could've been busy chasing bags of Herion.

You know "Dancer" the drug problem in our area is so bad and the street value of prescription drugs is so high (everywhere) that "Heroin" is cheaper and so "Heroin" overdoses is once again the big threat!
I'd say the response time was more about,
The call came in as an emergency 911 call, (But it wasn't an actual emergency)
So, it took the 911 Operator some time to find out who to really contact,
Drug Task force?
State Police?
Sherriff department?
Local City PD?

In any case I'd say Big Brother rained on a drug dealer's parade!!

Also, I think that Big Brother's timing was off by a few hours, in that had he found the purse a little later the drug pickup and the money drop would have already happened and the bag would have been full of money and he wouldn't have had to call the police at all, just make a quick stop at the bank!!

Its possible after these two dealers fight over one of them accusing the other of ripping them off that we'll hear about a local shooting on the news, that will end up in the national NEWS as West Virginia "Gun Violence"

Mark

About 3 years back i found a rubber item about 12'' long that woman use for pleasure,this one still had a decent set of working batteries inside,trouble is what it was doing in the middle of a ploughed field is beyond me in the UK is beyond me :shrug: i kept the batteries as they fitted in my detector :rofl:

About 3 years back i found a rubber item about 12'' long that woman use for pleasure,this one still had a decent set of working batteries inside,trouble is what it was doing in the middle of a ploughed field is beyond me in the UK is beyond me :shrug: i kept the batteries as they fitted in my detector :rofl:

Maybe it was a Vibra Probe...:surprised:

Got a sweet silver signal behind a old farm house. Dug up a shallow wooden , moldy box. (Shoe box size) Out came a beautiful medallion, Fluffy stamped on it. Along with the Medallion, a full set of cat bones! Felt embarrassment surging to my face.
Put everything back , tamped her down. Continued on.