Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how are the ID excels

thompy

looking for a back up tp my t-2 for friends and family to use, some areas have nasty ground , this is one detector i have heard little about, i hunt mostly relics around old iron ore minning areas, gold mines, charcoal kilns and logging camps, also searching copper culture artifacts, thanks for any feedback

Haven't had mine too long but it is a coin finding machine. A friend of mine has a Coin$ and the ID Excel holds its own against it when out detecting together. I would recommend the ID Excel to anyone looking for a mid priced machine. Hopes this helps and whatever you end up with, keep diggin!!!

thompy, the coinstrike is supposed to be great at this type of hunting, in iron trash, etc. and it is also supposed to be a great relic hunter. i just bought one , but haven't got it yet. google coinstrike and look at john's website. i was looking at the F4, but heard the coinstrike was much better. other forum members are doing great with the coinstrike. thought i would give it a try. hh with which ever detector you choose.

Among my many detectors I had an ID Excel. Very good machine. When I got an ID Edge I thought it was an Excel with more bells and whistles. I traded the ID Edge and got another ID Excel. I am not sure if it is not my best detector. I now own twelve detectors......Jack

thanks for the info jack, just want something that performs well and easy to use for the kid, wife and friends to use, should have kept 1 or 2 of my whites, but wanted something lighter for them

Better watch out Jack.First thing you know you will be a dealer..HAHAHHAHAHA 12 is a lot of detectors..which ones do you own?
Which is your absolute favorite and why????

Hey Elton: My favorite detector is the XLT. I like the different ways I can hunt with it. Most of my detectors are pretty old ones. Here they are---Xlt===Explorer XS==ID Excel---2 250's-(won one in hunt) --F4---Mark 1---Original Technetics Big Bud---Gold Mountain King Cobra---Wilson Relic & Coin 4---GTA 1000--and a . water machine. The Water machine is a Tesoro Golden in a Garrett Infinium case. Works great.....Jack

Man you have it covered in the detector department..That original George Payne Big Bud pro is a real dime killer... i used one for a long time in football fields just waiting for that little buzz sound....