Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How can u let scorp stinger detect only gold?:surrender:

Okay, so I recently acquired a new scorpion from a local pawnshop. Sweeeeet deal at 85 bucks! Anyways I joined this forum just minutes ago and found this unanswered topic or ignored question and in my attempt to understand why "hass" has had zero response I have decided to turn up the volume...HOW CAN "HASS" AND I USE OUR SCORPS TO DETECT GOLD ONLY? HELLO....HELLO...HELP OVER HERE!... ok no more yelling.

Quick answer: you can't.

If such a detector existed, you would never be able to buy for 85 bucks.

The Scorpiron is capable of finding gold better than many detectors, but it will not hit on gold exclusively. No detector will.

You want to find gold, there is one way to do it: discriminate out iron only and then dig everything above that, paying particular attention to those targets that fall in the "foil" range. That is where about 90% of your gold jewlery will fall. Most of the rest will fall in the pulltab range.

And yes, you will dig a mountain of foil and pulltabs in the process. Tons of junk. You can't avoid that.

Best of luck to yuo and happy hunting.

So the question and a answer. How can the Scorp find just Gold Only? If it could just find gold only they would have not discontinued the detector. Like any detector you will find find everything based on your discrimination settings to high you loose items to low you collect all items.

Nugget hunting is hard work, I don't care what type of machine you have. Also Lot of FUN :drinking:

I agree with CladDog, KevinH, and 1950cupajo.

There is No detector that will Discriminate to pick out Gold Only!